HELP ..SCORE CORRELATION FROM NBME to ACTUAL EXAM

2/24/2013 2:39:45 PM
EXAM A WEEK AWAY..got 370 on NBME ., anyone know what it correlates to on the real test for step 3

2/25/2013 8:43:42 AM
raku39388838 wrote:
EXAM A WEEK AWAY..got 370 on NBME ., anyone know what it correlates to on the real test for step 3

Seriously..No one knows?

2/28/2013 12:20:17 AM
raku39388838 wrote:
raku39388838 wrote:

Seriously..No one knows?

2/28/2013 12:22:52 AM
raku39388838 wrote:
raku39388838 wrote:

Seriously..No one knows?

Hello, you need to know that the NBME is a SERVICE provided by the NBME at a fee and that you are entitled to have this information officially provided by them. Only they, The NBME will be able to provide this important info for you and it is part of the service. I took it a few times for other board exams and it was provided for me as part of the service. Call them.

3/1/2013 9:20:21 AM
creso wrote:
raku39388838 wrote:
raku39388838 wrote:

Seriously..No one knows?

Hello, you need to know that the NBME is a SERVICE provided by the NBME at a fee and that you are entitled to have this information officially provided by them. Only they, The NBME will be able to provide this important info for you and it is part of the service. I took it a few times for other board exams and it was provided for me as part of the service. Call them.

Thanks..Did that already! Paid money for a PAID assesement not a FREE offline VERSION!. But maybe you have not taken step 3 NBME hence Why you are not answering correctly. I have also taken it for step 1 and 2 ck and step 3. Unfortunately for step 3 they do not provide that info. Calling may be worth an effort so thanks for that. Anyway, ANYONE out there That has taken the exam and taken an NBME please fill me in!

3/13/2013 5:31:35 AM
Hello buddy,
This was a major question worrying me before I took step 3 a month ago.I researched a lot and here is what I found.UW self assessment is a better judge for your actual score.If you need more accurate prediction,Look at the mean for the test you have taken.Then look at the standard deviation.Mean and above score is passing with a very good score. One SD below mean is also pass, but anything below it needs to supplemented with thorough preparation for CCS. With your score of 370(I guess mean 500, SD 100), take UW assessment. If your correct percentage is around 50%, and your CCS is strong, you will pass with OK score.

5/3/2013 4:07:04 PM
Thanks.

You are so logical! OF COURSE, you can figure out your correlate score using the mean and standards of deviation. I guess I'd never looked at it that way before.

Since the UW self-assessment is a better judge, I think I'll just take that. I think that I might not bother taking the NBME tests if I won't be able to know the correlates or the correct answers.

upkh82162142 wrote:
Hello buddy,
This was a major question worrying me before I took step 3 a month ago.I researched a lot and here is what I found.UW self assessment is a better judge for your actual score.If you need more accurate prediction,Look at the mean for the test you have taken.Then look at the standard deviation.Mean and above score is passing with a very good score. One SD below mean is also pass, but anything below it needs to supplemented with thorough preparation for CCS. With your score of 370(I guess mean 500, SD 100), take UW assessment. If your correct percentage is around 50%, and your CCS is strong, you will pass with OK score.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK