GOODBYE USMLE

3/6/2013 4:46:22 AM
I tooked my step 3 last feb 8-9, 2013. I must say it's a very hard exam. My score for step 2 ck is 95. But on this, never mind. But I am so happy to pass this exam and finally I was able to shout GOODBYE USMLE. I do admit, I envy those people who were able to say that. And now, its my turn to do that.
As for my exam experience, the first day is a looooong one. Questions are hard. I am not telling this to frighten you guys who would be taking this exam, I am telling this so that you'll not taken the exam for granted. I am not on residency. I took this so that I can have a better chance in matching. But I believe, it would be easier if you are in residency if you take this exam. There are lots of practical questions, but I end up with 2 options to choose. Practical, meaning, questions cannot be answered by the book or review materials can be answered based on clinical experience. On the 2nd day, exam is a lot lighter. More time to answer the exams. You have a lot of time in CCS and the extra time is adding to your break time. As to multiple choice questions, it is a lot harder than CCS. Very long questions. Honestly, if I encountered the long one, I just look at the choices and the last line to know what will I looked for to answer the long questions. And it is also sooo tiring that you wanted to finish it at once, go home and rest. If I have an extra time after answering the blocks, I just rest and didnt reread the questions that I marked. Its better to rest than figuring out what is the answer to my marked questions.
As to the reading materials. I read MTB 3x, uworld 2x, first aid 1x but I think they are not enough. I was able to watched kaplan videos also. But I should say CCS uworld is a very good material but Archer is the best one. As to multiple choice questions, I cant suggest what to study. Cause after the exam, I believe I told myself that its like I did not read any review materials. I think I just relied heavily on my stock knowledge.
Hope this helps. Any questions, you can pm or email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to answer all your questions. I can be your SP also.
Best of luck everyone.

3/10/2013 5:55:08 PM
I have passing scores for my Steps 1 and 2. I am not in residency and I am not sure if I should try to do step 3 in 3 onths from now. But with your post is very helpful. Thank you.
And all the best to you.

3/13/2013 7:12:33 PM
When you said you watched videos do you mean the step 2 ck videos?? or are there particular videos for step 3?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK