NBME Form 1 & USWA Form 1. Need Urgent Advice!!!

4/6/2013 12:00:06 PM
Hey guys, I have my step2 ck in 20 days and i am a bit concerned because my scores have not been very consistent in UW q bank. Sometimes i would get 80 other times only 60. So i took USWA form 1 1 week back and i got 247. Yesterday i took NBME form 1 and i got 253. I was quite happy but my friends say that nbme is not a very reliable tool for step 2. Can someone please guide me. Should i trust the nbme score and go for it or should i postpone the exam?

4/6/2013 7:10:02 PM
I know 2 of my friends. One of them said that his nbme 4 is so predictive to his real score. And the other said that his real score as same as nbme 4 exactly !!!! So you r in good shape bro. Also your Uswa is good and close to nbme score. Therefore go for your exam and never change it. I will predict you will take from 245 to 255 and it would be a really higher score

4/7/2013 2:51:05 AM
Ghazali0120 wrote:
I know 2 of my friends. One of them said that his nbme 4 is so predictive to his real score. And the other said that his real score as same as nbme 4 exactly !!!! So you r in good shape bro. Also your Uswa is good and close to nbme score. Therefore go for your exam and never change it. I will predict you will take from 245 to 255 and it would be a really higher score

Hey, thanks for the reply. It really helped and i feel more confident now.

4/16/2013 1:21:14 AM
Ghazali0120 wrote:

hey, sorry to bother u again...i gave nbme 2 yesterday and i got 228. My nbme 1 score was 253. Now i am so confused. Should i go on or should i postpone. My exam is in 1 week. Please reply.

4/16/2013 1:58:59 AM
Hi
sorry I didn't notice which NBME form you had take. you are good. the most predictive NBME out there for ck is NBME 4 even though it is old. so I suggested you to do this form. I heard it is easier than NBME 2
good luck !

4/16/2013 10:07:27 AM
they are getting rid of NBME 1 this month. it's outdated and you will definitely score higher on NBME 1.

take NBME 4 and see how you do. take any nbme except nbme1

4/16/2013 10:26:18 AM
pinomontalbano wrote:
they are getting rid of NBME 1 this month. it's outdated and you will definitely score higher on NBME 1.

take NBME 4 and see how you do. take any nbme except nbme1

Hey thanks for the reply. I was not aware of the fact that nbme form 1 is obsolete. what is your advice, which one should i trust uwsa or nbme form 2? and should i postpone?

4/16/2013 10:28:32 PM
yes take two. save 4 until like 2 days before your actual exam. i remember 3 being very weird.

but you have to take them online.

4 is the only one with feed back.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK