CSSA form 6 (mod form 1) thoughts and opinions

4/19/2013 12:24:48 PM
"A new form of the Comprehensive Clinical Science Self-Assessment (CCSSA) is now available on the NBME Self-Assessment Services website. CCSSA Form 6, which is a modified version of the newly retired Form 1, is offered in both regular and expanded feedback. This form features a multimedia item that requires Adobe Flash.

NOTE: All forms of CCSSA started on or after April 19, 2013 will appear on a different longitudinal performance profile due to changes in the minimum passing score for Step 2 CK and changes to the CCSSA score scale. In addition, CCSSA forms completed prior to April 19th will not be rescored or compared longitudinally against those started after this date." -NBME website

My friends, have any of you taken the new CSSA form 6 or any of the other CSSA forms (2,3,4) with the updated score changes? I would like to know your thoughts and opinions. Thank you.


4/20/2013 4:39:41 PM
I just took NBME form 2. Taking the real thing in one month. I am thinking about doing form 4 or form 6 in another week or so. I'd also love to hear any opinions/comments about the new form 6. thanks.


4/21/2013 5:40:38 PM
Dear friends, I have just completed the "new" CSSA form 6 today.

Initial thoughts:
-Question stems are short (2/3 are 3-4 sentences in length)
-Questions did not seem to be as difficult as form 4
-No pharmaceutical ads or research style questions at all
-Score correlations are as follows:

National mean + 1 SD

490/235
480/233
470/231
460/229
450/227
440/225

That's to get this thread started. Please feel free to ask any questions as we are all studying toward the same goal. I'd love to hear your opinions as well.


4/21/2013 6:03:17 PM
SeSa91276547 wrote:
I just took NBME form 2. Taking the real thing in one month. I am thinking about doing form 4 or form 6 in another week or so. I'd also love to hear any opinions/comments about the new form 6. thanks.


SeSa, I was actually disappointed by the "new" form 6. Having read through the various forum threads on the "retired" CSSA form 1, I suspect that only the answer choices were updated to match the recent USPSTF and FDA changes.

The general consensus: CSSA 4 is the best indicator of your actual score. With that in mind, I would take form 6 now and save form 4 for closer to your test date.

As more folks take form 6, or forms 2-4 (with the updated scores) we'll collectively have a better grasp on how to approach the NBME assessments as study tools. Happy studies to you!


4/23/2013 11:10:54 AM
PeTr73124229 wrote:
Dear friends, I have just completed the "new" CSSA form 6 today.

Initial thoughts:
-Question stems are short (2/3 are 3-4 sentences in length)
-Questions did not seem to be as difficult as form 4
-No pharmaceutical ads or research style questions at all
-Score correlations are as follows:

National mean + 1 SD

490/235
480/233
470/231
460/229
450/227
440/225

That's to get this thread started. Please feel free to ask any questions as we are all studying toward the same goal. I'd love to hear your opinions as well.


4/23/2013 11:12:37 AM
hi
can someone tell me what 370 equates to on the ccssa 6 nbme score scale? on older scale it is equal to a 200.
thank you


4/23/2013 9:57:43 PM
hasi83700988 wrote:
hi
can someone tell me what 370 equates to on the ccssa 6 nbme score scale? on older scale it is equal to a 200.
thank you


Hasi,

CSSA form 6 scale (as of 4/21/13)

370/210
360/208
350/206
340/204
330/202
320/200

Let's keep this thread alive


4/23/2013 10:45:57 PM
PeTr73124229 wrote:
SeSa91276547 wrote:
I just took NBME form 2. Taking the real thing in one month. I am thinking about doing form 4 or form 6 in another week or so. I'd also love to hear any opinions/comments about the new form 6. thanks.


SeSa, I was actually disappointed by the "new" form 6. Having read through the various forum threads on the "retired" CSSA form 1, I suspect that only the answer choices were updated to match the recent USPSTF and FDA changes.

The general consensus: CSSA 4 is the best indicator of your actual score. With that in mind, I would take form 6 now and save form 4 for closer to your test date.

As more folks take form 6, or forms 2-4 (with the updated scores) we'll collectively have a better grasp on how to approach the NBME assessments as study tools. Happy studies to you!


4/23/2013 10:50:57 PM
PeTr73124229 wrote:
hasi83700988 wrote:
hi
can someone tell me what 370 equates to on the ccssa 6 nbme score scale? on older scale it is equal to a 200.
thank you


Hasi,

CSSA form 6 scale (as of 4/21/13)

370/210
360/208
350/206
340/204
330/202
320/200

Let's keep this thread alive


Thank you so much for this info! I scored 370 on both nbme 2 and 4 and was not sure what that would equate to on new scale. I plan on taking ccssa6 in few weeks after reviewing my weak points which are surgery and obygyn. I will let u know how I do on test 6.
Does anyone know if its accurate to take old test and use new scale?


7/11/2013 10:11:19 PM
Hi everyone... just wanted to reply a post since people were interested in this thread.

I ended up not taking CSSA 6 because my scores with NBME 2, 4, and UWorld Self Assessment were all consistent, and I felt good about them. My scores were as follows:

NBME 2: 530/244 - taken on 4/20/13
UWSA: 247 - taken on 5/4/13
NBME 4: 560/250 - taken on 5/19/13
Actual Step 2 CK: 258 - taken on 5/24/13

Note: The NBMEs I took were purchased/timed and done online, the real deal style. I did not do any of the offline ones.

I don't remember my exact UW Qbank averages... I did mostly random timed blocks, but also did some random tutor mode timed blocks. My first time through, the average was around 63% or so. My second time through, I'm guessing that my average was closer to 75% or so. During the second time through... I focused on doing questions that I had marked and/or gotten wrong, and strictly did random timed full blocks. I also went through DIT once and supplemented with Secrets.

Good luck to everyone.


7/17/2013 9:18:09 PM
SeSa,

What was it that helped increase your score between NBME's?? Did you do Kaplan or MTB's over after each NBME? I am having difficulty increasing my uw scores... Please help!
edited by drbrosy77 on 7/17/2013


7/25/2013 9:20:06 PM
NBME FORM 6 Experience (taken 07/22/2013)

Hey guys, here is my experience. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to study but for my purposes I need to break 210-215.

Uworld twice: 1st time (by topic - timed) averaging low-mid 60's....2nd time (random - timed) high 70's to variable 80's. Reviewing and understanding all answer options.

DIT videos filling notes into Step-up - and using it all along for reference
MTB filled in with comments picked up from U-world Qbank and read twice.
UWSA - 224 (taken one week before NBME 6)
NBME form 6 - 212 (pretty dead-on point when they say UWSA overshoots by 10pts)

Hope that helps some of you gauge your situation.


NOW, HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP.

TODAY I DID NBME FORM 4 ONLINE AND PACED.

SAYING THAT I GOT RAPED IS AN ASTRONOMICAL UNDERESTIMATION TO HOW IT WENT DOWN.

1-8-3 was the three digit score!!! Duhh

Am very realistic - so here is my take on the whole situation.

Uworld Qbank averages + UWSA (taking into acct the 10pt overshoot) + NBME 6 = showed precision...they are consistent.

Had Form given me a score of like 200 - I would be more inclined to freaking out and clearly postpone CK.

BUT...a 30pt drop in 3 days?

Thanks for your input.

PS: plse be respectful guys I really don't need the aggravation...not now


9/9/2013 3:39:23 PM
Just a f/u of the previous post...

Actual CK score - 216.

Hope this helps.


3/13/2014 11:07:07 AM
Alssndro96 wrote:
Just a f/u of the previous post...

Actual CK score - 216.

Hope this helps.


Hi
I would like your oppinion. Your situation looks like me.
i took NBME 6 TODAY AND i GOT 290/193 POINTS.
MY average overall score in UW Q bank 61%
My step 2 CK will be next Mach 28th. Must I postpone it.!! I really want to take the exam, for pulling out to the match on September: but I feel I need to study more. I am very deppresed about that


6/10/2015 6:55:39 PM
Hiii Guys!!!... I'm in the same boat.... I took NBME 6 and I score 193 in three digit... exam is in 10 days and I don't know if i should pospone it.... Does the real exam look like the NBME 6?... I felt the form 6 went through very weird Questions...

i will appreciate any help


pages: 1

 | 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept