cervical cancer screening

7/6/2013 8:20:59 PM
Does anyone know what cervical cancer guidelines will be used on the USMLE step 3?? These UWorld questions are using the old guidelines, not the ones published in 2012. In general, when do step 3 questions transition to the new guidelines on questions?

7/7/2013 10:37:44 PM
Age 21 regardless of onset of sexual activity, then every 1 - 2 years until 3 consecutive negative pap then duration can be increased to 3 years.
This is what i know. Is there any recent guideline?

7/8/2013 12:17:20 AM
Yes there are new recommendations.
As of March 2012-
recommended screening guidelines per ACOG and USPSTF are every 3 years from age 21-29.
From age 30-65, per USPSTF- "Recommends screening with cytology every 3 years or for women who want to lengthen the screening interval, screening with a combination of cytology and HPV testing every 5 years."
Per ACOG- "Screening with cytology and HPV testing (“co-testing”) every 5 years (preferred) or cytology alone every 3 years (acceptable) is recommended."

http://www.acog.org/About%20ACOG/Announcements/New%20Cervical%20Cancer%20Screening%20Recommendations.aspx

5/9/2023 5:14:47 AM
Recently my friend was screened, and unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer, is there any drug that would help in the treatment of cancer?

5/9/2023 5:17:32 AM
Regular cervical cancer screening like Pap smears can truly be lifesaving.""Ladies, get checked!"" my aunt always said. After beating cervical cancer thanks to early detection from her screenings, she made sure all the women in our family went for testing. Sadly, last year my cousin ignored my aunt's advice. By the time she saw a doctor, the cancer had spread and treatment options were limited. She is currently trying fenbendazol ( www.fenbendazole.org ) as a last resort, but I wish she had listened and gotten screened. Screening is easy and can prevent stories like my cousin's. Please don't put it off! For the sake of your health and your loved ones, make that appointment.

8/24/2023 3:36:25 PM
interesting

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK