Step 3 Multiple Choice

7/19/2013 9:38:06 PM
Hi All,

I have been studying Step 3 for 4 months now, but my biggest weakness are the multiple choice questions. How can I improve my score on the multiple choice questions? I am able to narrow down to the top 2 answers but I cant seem to crack. Anyone go through anything similar or have any tips to better myself on the multiple choice questions?

7/22/2013 5:32:14 PM
anyone please?

7/28/2013 6:43:49 PM
What materials r u using?

7/28/2013 6:50:40 PM
If u r only using unworldl, maybe you might want to try studying from another source for a month
edited by SoGi60279687 on 7/28/2013

8/4/2013 10:37:42 AM
Hi again...I realize you haven't replied. I have my exam tomorrow and I was trying to help you, but since you have no interest in help from someone who was In your place once, why did u bother to ask? If you REALLY want some help, let the forum know. All the best on your exams.

8/4/2013 11:41:57 PM
My apoligies for the late reply, it has been a busy few weeks. I have used uworld, MTB, and some Kaplan ck notes. I'm just not scoring high on the practice exam multiple questions. Have you gone through something similar in your studies? What were the materials that you used to study for step 3? Good luck on your exam tomorrow!
edited by billyr2013 on 8/4/2013

8/7/2013 6:12:56 PM
biggest thing that helped me was something dr. fischer said "if they want you to know the answer, they have to tell you something." don't look at the test as if they were purposely leaving something out and expect you to figure out the answer. most if not all questions will give you all the information so you can narrow it down to the single best answer

8/7/2013 7:41:29 PM
i agree with above post. You have to narrow it down, then when you can't decide, if you have time, reread the question stem and try to find the clue. its always there. i had my exam yesterday, and it was exhausting! the second day i really felt tired, but overall, it was pretty much like the other exams with multiple choice.....nothing too hard. The CCS questions were manageable, and the uworld pretty much prepares you for them. it does end very early most of the time, and hopefully that's because I got it right!!! anyway, good luck to everyone, and hopefully i'll be grinning away in 3 weeks when i get my result!
edited by SoGi60279687 on 8/29/2013

8/9/2013 1:08:27 AM
Thanks for your responses guys. I am definitely going to attempt to implement the advice in my study prep. Sogi good luck with your score. Are you in residency currently or will you be applying in 2014?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK