9/14/2013 11:26:32 AM
Hi,
I just wanted to thank UWorld.
I got 249 on Step 3!!

I studied for it like the other steps:
1. First Aid.
2. Kaplan Qbank.
3. UWorld Qbank.

I studied for step 1 for 6w - and got 247.
Step 2CK - 3w - 260.
Step 2CS - Passed.
Step 3 - 3m - 249.

I am an IMG.
Hoping to match next year.

Step 3 was very hard.
A lot of OBGYN, Dermatology, Opthamology, Biostatistics...
The UW CCS prep is amazing - and that part was easy.
As far as the Qbank - I think it raised my score by about 20%.

Good luck everybody!!!

9/16/2013 1:26:05 PM
[Step 2CK - 3w - 260.
Step 2CS - Passed.
Step 3 - 3m - 249.

I am an IMG.
Hoping to match next year.

Step 3 was very hard.
A lot of OBGYN, Dermatology, Opthamology, Biostatistics...
The UW CCS prep is amazing - and that part was easy.
As far as the Qbank - I think it raised my score by about 20%.

Good luck everybody!!![/quote]
Congrats on such an amazing score ! Can u please share the cases that came out in CCS? I will have my exam on NO 4 and 5. Anymote tips on MCQs and CCS. I will appreciate your help. Thanks.

9/16/2013 3:24:08 PM
The MCQs are hard. Try studying OBGYN, Dermatology and Biostatistics as well as possible. FA, UW and Kaplan - are not enough for these subjects!!

As for the CCS - The UW is amazing. The cases are exactly the same. Doing the UW CCS twice is more than enough.

Also, the Qs on Step 3 are long and take a lot of time. You won't have time to think about a question twice!! If you don't know the answer, then just mark whatever you think is right and don't overthink. You do not have time to leave unanswered Qs or think twice.

Hope that this helped a bit.

9/22/2013 9:35:23 AM
IlMe52817047 wrote:
The MCQs are hard. Try studying OBGYN, Dermatology and Biostatistics as well as possible. FA, UW and Kaplan - are not enough for these subjects!!

As for the CCS - The UW is amazing. The cases are exactly the same. Doing the UW CCS twice is more than enough.

Also, the Qs on Step 3 are long and take a lot of time. You won't have time to think about a question twice!! If you don't know the answer, then just mark whatever you think is right and don't overthink. You do not have time to leave unanswered Qs or think twice.

Hope that this helped a bit.

Congratualtions. What source do you suggest to study for OBGYN? How much do you think Kaplan Q bank added to your score?
Thanks a lot!

9/22/2013 10:00:10 AM
Well,
I didn't have time - but if I had - then LANGE's OBGYN is a good book to study OBGYN from. I would go over it after doing a Qbank. I wouldn't read all of it- but chosen parts I would.

Kaplan's Qbank? I think it added something like 10% to my grade.
UW is great - but Kaplan has a lot of questions and answers that aren't anywhere in UW Qbank.

9/24/2013 9:40:44 AM
Thank You!

9/30/2013 8:10:01 PM
What is about USMLE Rx

9/30/2013 8:11:36 PM
and what was the % in UW in unused Qs only

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK