UW simulated exam results

11/4/2013 6:20:50 PM
Hello all,

I'm an IMG who isn't in Residency and preparing for my step 3.
I've gone over MTB and also UW questions 2xce and a score of 63% the first time and now 70%.
I took the UW simulated assessment yesterday and got a 460 (~ 207), which I wasn't exactly excited about and so I decided to move my actual exam (which was in two weeks) to sometime next year (January).

I plan to go over MTB CK and MTB for step 3, and again review uworld questions and maybe try Kaplan Q's if they aren't too expensive.

I know there are a plethora of resources, but I'd like to have an extra concise book that I could study as a reference or comparative text, as online lectures or pre-recorded videos and I don't really work well together.

1.)Which one will you recommend? (currently I use CMDT; wordy, detailed and not portable)

2.)Also What kind of assessment or simulated test scores should I aim for if I'm hoping to get a 220+ ?

3.) Lastly asides uworld and Kaplan, are there any resources that really hone in on understanding the patient's clinical presentation over just memorising things? I feel my lack of clinical experience has prevented me from seeing atypical presentations of some disorders and even those that are typical. I can't seem to apply my knowledge well enough to some of the cases even though the actual knowledge of the pathophysiology (and maybe even presentation-in some cases) of the disease isn't lacking.

Thank you.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept