step 3 done! (i hope)

12/12/2013 3:11:30 PM
Hey all,

I've been trolling this forum while studying for step 3 and got some good advice so I just wanted to say thanks!

I finished taking step 3 today! (that is if i didn't fail it!)
Day 1 was definitely more tiring as doing 7 blocks is just torture. Finished day 1 about 40 minutes earlier than the alotted time given. 2 blocks i almost ran out of time because of fatigue.
Day 2 was much easier. 4 blocks of 36 questions each block. and the CCS cases. i had 13 cases. Like 4-5 ob/gyn cases, 2-3 peds, 2 surgery, rest IM. I only did 12 of the uworld CCS cases. i wish i would have done more to get a better idea of what they are looking for, but oh well. I think i did ok. some of the ccs cases are alotted 10 minutes and some 20 minutes. you definitely don't need all that time. Finished day 2 about 2 hours early.

i only got through uworld qbank once (finished it 2 days before the test) and my avg correct was 71%. i supplemented with master the boards step 3. i'm in my last year of IM residency, so with ob/gyn, peds, surgery i needed a lot of work on, but with MTB3 and uworld i felt pretty good with most of the questions on the actual exam (i also watched the kaplan live sections for those 3 sections but didn't think that was necessary as most of those were organized how MTB3 is organized).

well, i guess this post is a little premature as it would be better if i had my step 3 score to post, but i was just happy to be done with it. i will post my step 3 score in a month when i get it back!

12/12/2013 11:02:30 PM
Same here! I finished today as well. The last four blocks were harder. Vignette was shorter but more complex.
Ccs was crazy! Some cases ended as soon as I ordered a lab, and one took forever! I'm not sure how I did on the ccs. I am nervous
but it's over!

12/14/2013 4:56:41 PM
I thought the last 4 blocks were easier. I think if it ends early its a good aign as long as you have a good idea that u arent killing the patient. Finiahed moat of the ccs cases in half the time allowed. It is really nice to be done tho. Congrats!

1/27/2014 10:03:58 PM
Whelp. I passed with a 237!
Thanks to everyone on this forum!

1/28/2014 10:37:31 AM
where is your residency at?

1/28/2014 4:11:46 PM
salomon708 wrote:
where is your residency at?

residency is in ohio.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK