My step 2 ck is in 8 days! pleas help me!!

7/21/2014 1:39:40 PM
Please, I need advice, I just took UWorld assessment test for nk and got 500/219. Should I go for the test in 8 days? I have a baby and my mom will stay with me and baby for this week only, and the I will have to study and take care of baby. I only have 1 week to prepare now.
What is the average score on uwsa?? what is a good scroe in uwsa?

7/21/2014 2:46:37 PM
I am not sure what the average score on UWSA is, but the general consensus I've gotten is that it is best predictor of your actual score on step 2. I don't think you should worry about what is average for the UWSA but rather for the step 2 itself. Right now the average is 238 and passing is 209, so you are above a passing score. Have you finished all of uworld? If not you should definitely try to finish it and if you have time, do it over again. If you want to pass the test I think you should be fine to take it in 8 days as long as you keep studying this week, but it is hard to say how much you will be able to raise your score by then. However I have not taken the test myself yet, I am taking it next week also.
edited by on 7/21/2014

7/21/2014 2:56:03 PM
hollyK wrote:
I am not sure what the average score on UWSA is, but the general consensus I've gotten is that it is best predictor of your actual score on step 2. I don't think you should worry about what is average for the UWSA but rather for the step 2 itself. Right now the average is 238 and passing is 209, so you are above a passing score. Have you finished all of uworld? If not you should definitely try to finish it and if you have time, do it over again. If you want to pass the test I think you should be fine to take it in 8 days as long as you keep studying this week, but it is hard to say how much you will be able to raise your score by then. However I have not taken the test myself yet, I am taking it next week also.
edited by on 7/21/2014

Thank you so much for replying! I did not finish uworld yet. On uwsa I run out of time in 3 of the 4 blocks, and did not answer a total of 16 questions. Am sure I can get better at managing my time. But will not have time to review things I did not go over: Psychiatry, Biostadistics, epidemiology.
With what score on uwsa would you feel ready to take the test?
Are you doing nbme q? Scores similar to uwsa?
Thank you again!!

7/21/2014 4:12:47 PM
LuGl57777654 wrote:
Please, I need advice, I just took UWorld assessment test for nk and got 500/219. Should I go for the test in 8 days? I have a baby and my mom will stay with me and baby for this week only, and the I will have to study and take care of baby. I only have 1 week to prepare now.
What is the average score on uwsa?? what is a good scroe in uwsa?

Hi! I am in your same situation. My step 2 ck test is on July 28th, I did a UWSA today and got 224. I am sooooo worried because I had been reading that it overstimates the real score! I have 210 on step 1 so really need 230+ on step to ck! is it possible in a week? please help!

7/21/2014 4:54:27 PM
Hi! I am in your same situation. My step 2 ck test is on July 28th, I did a UWSA today and got 224. I am sooooo worried because I had been reading that it overstimates the real score! I have 210 on step 1 so really need 230+ on step to ck! is it possible in a week? please help![/quote]

Hi.I am also looking to give ck soon(low step 1 score). Can I ask what materials have you used for your prep? And what specialties are open with a low step 1 score (210-220). Thanks.

7/22/2014 6:13:39 PM
LuGl57777654 wrote:
hollyK wrote:
edited by on 7/21/2014

Thank you so much for replying! I did not finish uworld yet. On uwsa I run out of time in 3 of the 4 blocks, and did not answer a total of 16 questions. Am sure I can get better at managing my time. But will not have time to review things I did not go over: Psychiatry, Biostadistics, epidemiology.
With what score on uwsa would you feel ready to take the test?
Are you doing nbme q? Scores similar to uwsa?
Thank you again!!

I personally have not taken uwsa, I plan to take it tomorrow once I have finished uworld, so take my advice with a grain of salt. However if I were in your position I think I would feel comfortable to take the test as scheduled, since you were able to pass without having finished uworld or answering all the test questions. Just work hard this week on time management and going over your weak points. Some people like to take self-assessments a couple of days before their exams to get a good estimate of their score. Personally I don't like to do that but if you are still unsure of whether you should take the test, maybe take and NBME (I have heard forms 4 and 6 are best) a few days before your scheduled exam and if you are still not comfortable with the score then postpone if you feel it is necessary.

7/23/2014 7:24:29 PM
Same here perito n all othrs..hav exam on 28th.. UWSA was 222... N hav a low score on step 1-220...
So m also stressed but i feel those who want to postpone it by a week or so wudnt gain much as i hardly think 1 week wud mak a huge diff.. I feel we all sud jus focus on the ques we got wrong on uworld n do as many as possible... We will do good... As v also have to keep the results time refrain in mind.. Yes,those of us who hav a problem with speed sud do uworld blocks as many as possivle to increase the speed. V can do this dw. Gd luck

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK