the wait.....its over

7/29/2014 10:54:48 AM
Finally done with all my steps... Glad... Jus waitin for the positive result of ck now...
Guys if anyone needs anytype of help do mgs ne...
N yah original exam is a completely balancd exam unlik the hype people put up here..
Its a bit of luck a bit of tricks on what thy r askin n of course lots of hard work n u r there
But sure as hell its lenghty... In uworld on an avg i was left with mini 10 mins each tim in ti.ed.. Thr by the tim u reach ur 5th 6th block u wear out... My 7th n 8th block i hav only half the idea what they were askin n what i was givin thm.... Ur brain shuts off.. So in practice try to actually sit n study for 9 hours straight with jus one hour break so u actually knw what stress u will b in...

So thats it folks as i said before.. Need anythn ..text me...
Wish me luck for my results n a very gd luck for ur preps guys..tc

7/29/2014 6:59:02 PM
you better start studying for step3. CK and step3 are so extremely close. You might as well knock it out.

8/3/2014 4:03:04 AM
what Im wondering is, how similar it is to the Qbank I'm solving here.

I heard most of the questions inn the real exam are comparatively longer.

8/4/2014 3:50:35 PM
Which qbank r u using... Yes tge ques r long but honestly not too long..its jus that if ur doin a practice test on qbanks u may not think too much n may jus pick an ans whereas in the real time u may think more... N thats y tim is short...or else ques r standard.

I mean i had 6-7 min left in first 2 blocks whereas in 7n 8th blocks i had to finsh 4 q in 2 min...so depends on ur brains fatigue as well... Hope this helps.. If u hav further doubts post ut n will try to ans asap.

8/4/2014 9:19:14 PM
First honest and decent post I have seen in a while.

Thanks to the OP!

8/4/2014 9:19:16 PM
First honest and decent post I have seen in a while.

Thanks to the OP!

8/5/2014 12:04:20 AM
Hi Urmil

Would you say Uworld covered all the material needed for your test?

Thanks

8/5/2014 2:15:04 AM
I am using the UWorld Qbank, it seems to have material alien to MTB.

What I have heard is the questions are much longer in the actual exam, as compared to the Qbank and are more tricky.

again, whats your take on it.

8/5/2014 4:02:13 PM
What was ur scores on UWorld before the test? I am averaging 60% ( unused, timed and multiple)...what you think?

8/6/2014 1:07:05 PM
sorry guys for such a late reply ,i didnt log in these days so one by one...

1) thecz - thnks

2) KaAr66666010- as u know nothing covers evrything in usmle.. no matter how much u read n prep there is always gonna b stuff u never ever heard of or read... but does help a lot.. majority is covered or atleast u have an idea which direction to think in n apply ur knowledge..

3) aliharoon- yes uworld has more than half the things mtb doesnt even mention,,, i personally felt betrayed by public opinion about mtb being better than FA. so for last 2-3 systems i went back to FA. i also posted this online .... reageding ur ques about length n stuff,i answered in this post on the top...

4) ah43201- 65% so wont say too gd, was actually planning for the test in august but due to the change in the date for results i had to prepone it... when is ur exam?

8/6/2014 5:27:28 PM
urmil wrote:
sorry guys for such a late reply ,i didnt log in these days so one by one...

1) thecz - thnks

2) KaAr66666010- as u know nothing covers evrything in usmle.. no matter how much u read n prep there is always gonna b stuff u never ever heard of or read... but does help a lot.. majority is covered or atleast u have an idea which direction to think in n apply ur knowledge..

3) aliharoon- yes uworld has more than half the things mtb doesnt even mention,,, i personally felt betrayed by public opinion about mtb being better than FA. so for last 2-3 systems i went back to FA. i also posted this online .... reageding ur ques about length n stuff,i answered in this post on the top...

4) ah43201- 65% so wont say too gd, was actually planning for the test in august but due to the change in the date for results i had to prepone it... when is ur exam?

Thank you for ur reply and time...
I still have around 40 days...I am IMG ( international medical graduate)...I have 2 problems:
1- I have issues with the time...always not finishing the blocks on time...with UW being shorter questions...I think the real test will be problem???
2- I just feel that my performace is getting less with time, not improving...dont know why?
Any suggestions or advices are apreciated...Thanks

8/6/2014 10:08:15 PM
THanks

are antibiotics high yield? I always get them wrong and just cant seem to get better at this. Should i be really concerned about this?

8/7/2014 12:15:23 AM
i dont think i was asked a single antibiotic ques, not that i m sayin they dont ask,, jus that i wasnt...

8/7/2014 5:53:59 PM
Thank you for ur reply and time...
I still have around 40 days...I am IMG ( international medical graduate)...I have 2 problems:
1- I have issues with the time...always not finishing the blocks on time...with UW being shorter questions...I think the real test will be problem???
2- I just feel that my performace is getting less with time, not improving...dont know why?
Any suggestions or advices are apreciated...Thanks

8/7/2014 9:50:47 PM
well one thing i have observed over the 2 exams i tuk is there is only a certain amount of time till which ur brain will b ready to grasp new things,,,after that phase it wont matter whether u study for 1 month more or one year more... u wont gain anything but over the time u will lose more.. that is my experience dont know about others... so if u feel u cant gain more its a sign that u sud give ur test asap

8/8/2014 5:23:01 PM
urmil wrote:
well one thing i have observed over the 2 exams i tuk is there is only a certain amount of time till which ur brain will b ready to grasp new things,,,after that phase it wont matter whether u study for 1 month more or one year more... u wont gain anything but over the time u will lose more.. that is my experience dont know about others... so if u feel u cant gain more its a sign that u sud give ur test asap

Thanks...Sort of agree with that...any ideas or suggestions about managing the time ...I am always behind 2 questions in each block..

8/11/2014 12:29:40 PM
well its something that needs time but still if its any help i alwas start ques by readin last line so that my brain has an idea of what its lookin for in the ques stem.. sometimes they giv u 10 lines of ques n then the only ues they may ask is how does drug X work..so that saves the entire time of reading the ques n u can ans in 10 sec... plus everytim it gives u an idea of what ur searching for in the ques , a drug, pathogenesis, MOA of resistance etc etc.. in short ur oriented..
next- try to skim over the ques instead of readin line to line. lik u know bp n temp n all so skip those WORDS jus read NUMBERS n u will know 120/80 cant b temp. but u save time not readin " temperature was... blood pressure was..."

evry sec u save counts...
these r all the tricks i used.. n while ur skimming thru the ques highlight the numbers n imp symp quickly.. not start of the word to end as those things take time.. u can jus highlight 3-4 letters n u will know the word is imp so incase u cant figure out what they asked by the time u reach the end of the ques u dont need to go thru it again, u cant jus check the highlights..

8/11/2014 12:30:39 PM
i hope this was helpful.. if u have any specific doubts abt where u r losin tim or anything ,,let me know

8/11/2014 4:09:54 PM
urmil wrote:
i hope this was helpful.. if u have any specific doubts abt where u r losin tim or anything ,,let me know

Yes That was very helpful...Thanks
Which NBME assessment tests you did? what were ur scores and who much approximate to reality ( I mean ur step 2 ck score)?
Thanks again for your time

8/11/2014 4:19:05 PM
4/6= 222/220
lik i said i was planning for august n had to give it in july but u will do gd dw

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK