need advice

9/4/2014 1:44:08 PM
Hi, I desparately need advice. I took USMLE assessment tests yesterday and today, and the scores were 390 and 320 respectively. I am scheduled to take the test on 9/11 and 12 and if I postponed, I have to travel to different city to take the test. Aslo my step 3 expiration date was 9/30, so if I don't take the test before that, I have to pay another $750. I am applying for ERAS again this year, and I thought the passing step 3 would increase my chance to get matched. I failed step 3 once last year. I don't know what I should do, and I need advice.

Also I have finished U world q bank twice (45% and 85% each time average), kaplan q book, and master the board a few times. What else can I do to imporve my step 3 score? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :-)

9/4/2014 7:01:06 PM
if you think you are going to pass the exam take it, but if you think you are going to fail then postpone it no matter what because if you fail your step3 again you will never get into residency.
you should aim to take it before sept30 anyway..the new test in november is going to be so extremely hard. keep studying like a crazy person for 20 more days and take an nbme and make your score go up.
you need to go crazy for 20 days more.
try to get a 210-220 on step 3

9/6/2014 10:48:43 AM
I am taking my exam on 29/30 of sept. contact me so that we can study together. likitaboka @gmail.com. this is going to be my first attempt at step 3.

9/6/2014 11:28:29 AM
where are you taking your test on the 29th likita?

9/6/2014 4:22:32 PM
Thank you for the advice. Today I took the Uworld assessment and it was 202. If I take the test on 9/11&12, then I don't have to travel but if I take it on 9/29&30, I have to travel 4 hours away. I am not sure if I can pass or not at this time. I am barely pass, but I don't have the confidence.

salomon708 wrote:
if you think you are going to pass the exam take it, but if you think you are going to fail then postpone it no matter what because if you fail your step3 again you will never get into residency.
you should aim to take it before sept30 anyway..the new test in november is going to be so extremely hard. keep studying like a crazy person for 20 more days and take an nbme and make your score go up.
you need to go crazy for 20 days more.
try to get a 210-220 on step 3

9/8/2014 4:46:42 PM
travel 4 hours away and take the test on sept29th.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK