New Version for STEP 3 Exam

9/27/2014 9:23:45 AM
As many may know, USMLE STEP3 is significantly changing Starting in November 2014. It will include more scientific principles in addition to other changes in the content. I would imagine that preparation for the exam should also correlate to these changes, but I am having difficult time finding good qbanks or good review books that are reflecting these changes. Could people suggest any good resources that reflect these changes? I am asking in regards to review books and qbanks. I am planning to take the exam in November hopefully.

Thanks for all of your help.

9/27/2014 7:37:01 PM
I wish I can help you with that regards. But an IMG from India that I met online told me that MTB are good and also review CK once again. I do hope this will help you. Best of luck to you =)

9/27/2014 8:19:35 PM
Current edition of MTB is probably outdated as of the end of this month, because it was made for the old test. The next MTB will come to the market in December. That's two months worth of preparation without a good book so far

9/27/2014 10:24:59 PM
I think it will be very hard to find someone really that will tell us what preparations are to be made by the new step 3 examination. we will basically be the first batch (though i'm going to take it at the end of january, haven't applied for it yet). But the best that i know that will be constantly updated to the changes of the exam will be the archer CCS. based on the reviews, they have frequent sessions and you may want to take a look at it. Others... i'm not quite sure though.

regarding MTB, yes true. But i think, no matter how different step 3 is, the medical knowledge will be the same and will not change that much in just a few months. But yes. i understand =) i feel the pressure and i fear that my preparations will be insufficient especially that i'm just starting to build up my momentum.

If you need someone to talk to or ask anything about the exam, email me: [email protected]. We are both on the same boat. But i do hope i can help you =)

God bless

9/30/2014 10:52:39 AM
I talked to FSMB yesterday. She said the test is not significantly changing. There is still multiple choice and there is still a ccs part. Some of the biggest changes aren't even to the exam. For example, they are allowing you to take it on non-consecutive days so you can take multiple choice on monday and then take ccs wednesday or thursday. Another change is they are renaming multiple choice ftp and ccs into something else fcp....the passing grade i think is still 190 and if you go to usmle.org you can see the new stuff they want you to know. At the end of the day, it's still step3 and you don't have to worry about it being a whole new test.

10/2/2014 6:23:11 AM
I asked uworld if they will update their q bank and they replied the following:

"Our physician authors are currently reviewing the proposed changes to the STEP3 exam and are in the process of evaluating current questions and adding new questions to account for the changes. All active subscribers have access to our live question database, and whenever a question is added or modified it is immediately and automatically available to all active subscribers."

So i guess if we review qbank uworld, MTB, archer ccs(heard from may people) and strengthen our section from ck where we did not perform well we can ace this exam.

10/2/2014 8:46:05 PM
WHICH IS THE SITE THAT HAS LIKE 42 CASES OF STEP 3...I LOST THE LINK...

10/16/2014 11:43:11 PM
Thank you for all of your input! I do think that the exam will be different because I compared the outline of both exams, before and after the changes from USMLE website. The content of the exam will be different and more focusing on science, ads, ethics and statistics. I saw that the q bank is updated. I have no access to new editions of books that are considering these changes. If anyone else, specially the ones who will be taking the exam in early november has more input, it would be great!

10/18/2014 10:45:07 PM
mereikee, thank you for the post. I have just completed Archer ccs and uworld. I feel comfortable with CCS. What are you doing about mcqs? Are UW Qbank and Archer theory lectures enough?

10/22/2014 4:09:45 PM
I unfortunately got the news of not passing step 3 today. I'm not sure where exactly to start again with the studying since there are changes being made with the exam. Any suggestions? I did Uworld and MTB. And I was very close with my score. Missed passing with just a few points.

10/22/2014 4:55:15 PM
I also just got the bad news .and it just 5 points.
Any suggestions?

11/1/2014 12:46:44 PM
Hi everyone

I passed my step 3 exam with a good score.I did MTB3 as text and few common topics from internal medicine board(cornad Fis). Regarding MCQ the best is to do Uworld multiple time and memorize all the Uworld tables and flow chart.

Importantly there is simple equation to pass step 3 is do your
Uworld MCQs + explanation really well you easily can score high in step 3.

Good luck
Dr. Sam

11/14/2014 12:33:55 AM
I was wondering if we can get some feedback from people who have been preparing for the new exam or people who actually took the new exam. What books or preparation tools are being used?

4/1/2015 11:13:07 PM
Hi Everyone! Now that many of the scores are out, any feed back on preparations for step 3? I was wondering if people can share if they passed/failed, approximate score, percentage of correct answers on Uworld qbank and what additional material to used for preparation (i.e MTB, ... )? If you have time, please add your experience with the exam itself. Thank you so much for all of your input!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK