Best books for Step2CK..!!

11/4/2014 3:55:24 PM
Guys..planning to start studyin for step2CK..
Want to know the best books for it & their latest editions available..
Ur advice will b appreciated..
ThanQ..

11/8/2014 9:46:12 AM
hi jyotirmayee

this is wht i did..master the boards step 2ck is a must. i also read mtb step 3.after that nbme 4, which revealed my weak areas.. so i started with kaplan lecture notes for psych (both for step 1, step 2. myt be a bit redundant..but i gus i did it cos i was not at all confident abt the subject..these ethics, drug ads, psych diagnosis were all a bit too much for me.) meanwhile, also started doing uworld. i bought a 2 month subscription.. as i went along the qns, i realised my surgery n paeds were also not upto the mark.. so i read kaplan lecture notes for paeds.. i intended to read kaplan lecture notes for surgery but only managed to read a few pages..exam was nearing n i didnt get enough time to finish it.. i did the uworld twice. first time, with the explanations. thats when i put most of my efforts.second time, i managed to finish all the questions, but cudnt read all the explanations.. also did uwsa.. n nbme 6. last few days was just going thru whatever points i jotted down using uworld..

nbme 4 (after both mtb, n before starting uworld) - 229
uwsa (after finishing uworld 1st round) - 265
nbme 6 (just a week before the test) - 260
the real thing - 260

to summarise, go for mtb step2ck n step 3, uworld (atleast 2 rounds), nbme 4 and 6..one before u start ur studies to assess where u stand..one while nearing exams to guide ur last min revisions..depending on ur weak areas, u may read whichever lecture notes u think necessary..i dont think there is much difference between editions for mtb n kaplan lecture notes..only the format is different..

all the best with ur studies. plan well n stick with it.. take care

11/10/2014 10:40:26 AM
Hi aishrag..! Thanx..!

11/10/2014 10:44:29 AM
Hi aishrag..!
ThanQ for ur detailed suggestions...!!!! I'll apply it in my regime..!
I'm off to buying d books now..!
(Well, 1 mor thing, did u get separate MTB for each subject or jus d MTB Step2CK..?)

PS: & of course Congratulations for ur good score...!!!

11/10/2014 3:06:31 PM
I didn't even no there is mtb for each subject:-D I just read mtb step 2ck.. And also the mtb for step 3..

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK