Will Someone Really Kind Help me Get Started?

7/26/2015 6:53:46 AM
Hello,

I am a beginner hoping to start Step 1 preparation this month. Although I think I have an idea of what books to study from and which resources to use, I will really appreciate if someone can tell me HOW to go about doing that in the most effective way. Should I just open First aid or start with watching videos and writing notes in kaplan books? If the latter, what videos do your recommend me watching for each of the subjects tested in Step 1?
I have already taken step 2 CS and Step 2 with a score of 230 so i really need to score high in Step 1 to improve my chances of residency.

Thank you in advance.

7/27/2015 4:59:18 AM
devotedmummy wrote:
Hello,

I am a beginner hoping to start Step 1 preparation this month. Although I think I have an idea of what books to study from and which resources to use, I will really appreciate if someone can tell me HOW to go about doing that in the most effective way. Should I just open First aid or start with watching videos and writing notes in kaplan books? If the latter, what videos do your recommend me watching for each of the subjects tested in Step 1?
I have already taken step 2 CS and Step 2 with a score of 230 so i really need to score high in Step 1 to improve my chances of residency.

Thank you in advance.

Well i am not an expert,and nobody can become that for you
i just have an idea
study material:
Physiology--BRS Physiology
Anatomy--Kaplan notes+ Lecture
Biochemistry--Kaplan notes+Lecture
Microbiology--Kaplan/High Yield Microbiology/Microbiology made ridiculously Simple
Pharmacology--Kaplan notes+Lectures(Best as far as i know)
Pathology--Goljan(with or without audio lectures)/Pathoma
Behavioural Science--Kaplan Notes+Lectures and you can add Medical Ethics by Conrad Fischer

start with Kaplan read with lectures,then add FA(First Aid) with Qbanks
and keep on repeating with the assessment through NBME's
i am not sure about NBME's at this point,so i can't help you on that
i hope this helps

7/27/2015 5:36:19 AM
Thank you, that certainly helped. As far as lectures are concerned, did you mean kaplan lectures or DIT videos? I heard the latter are better. Any ideas on that one?

7/27/2015 10:26:53 AM
ok thanks.

7/27/2015 2:17:51 PM
devotedmummy wrote:
Thank you, that certainly helped. As far as lectures are concerned, did you mean kaplan lectures or DIT videos? I heard the latter are better. Any ideas on that one?

i guess if you are using Kaplan Notes then using Kaplan Lectures is a wise choice,as they are according to the notes or the notes are according to the lectures....whichever you can understand...lol!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK