help/advice for CCS

8/17/2010 12:32:58 PM
Hello

I'm preparing for step 3, and finding it quite lengthy and tough. I graduated a year ago, and I find CCS to be tough because I don't have residency experience.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on whether you felt the 52 uworld interactive cases were good enough prep for the actual exam? I hope that it is because that's what I've been focusing on. I haven't read the pdf handouts though, because I'm finding it to be alot of info.

Right now I'm just focusing on uworld qbank and the 52 online cases. I've already finished the kaplan qbank and read the kaplan step 3 book.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you,

8/18/2010 3:31:19 AM
Hello, the ccs is a staged encounter with a patient. There are three places where patients are presented in the step 3 exam- emergency room, clinic and ward. When you look at the commonest presenting complaints in all specialities and the leading causes of death then you can develop a list of likely examination scenarios which if you do not handle well, you will not pass.
To review the frequent scenarios use practice ccs cases from UWorld, shahers cd, kaplan cdrom, first aid, usmle cdrom.
Hope this helps.
Mari

8/19/2010 11:43:30 AM
Hello Mari,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Just have to stay focused and keep working I guess!

best wishes

9/11/2010 10:50:58 PM
check this post ladycanuck
https://www.uworld.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=498

this workshop made CCS so easy and the strategies are very good. Start UW after doing this workshop, you should be doing gr8 with CCS

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK