just purchased UWorld...can't launch Qbank

8/26/2010 3:35:05 PM
I contacted support and they pointed me to a certain part of the help section. I followed the instructions in that part and everything seemed to go ok, but i still have the same problem: Nothing happens when i click on the link on the website for launching the program.

9/26/2012 1:11:32 PM
same thing with me for step 1, any tips?

9/26/2012 1:57:19 PM
hi, try download the software from link on uworld website launch. once you finish download, double click it, when another window appears that you do not have program to open the file, click browse, c:/program files/java/jre7/bin/javaws.exe (with or without .exe) and open, press ok to all the windows.
it fixed with me, i'm using intel core i3, window 7, pc.

hope it helps

1/6/2016 2:28:08 PM
Hello,

I know this post is a few years old but I thought I would add input for any poor soul who may be experiencing this frustration as I was this morning.

I was having this same problem, I updated my Java, verified it was working however when I would attempt to download the UWorld software off the world website it would not allow me. Like nothing was happening, no popup, no alert, nothing. The problem I was experiencing is that my Mac wasn't allowing me to download any non-apple affiliated program.

The way I fixed this was by going to my downloads folder (this can be found on your web browser in the upper right hand corner - it's the icon of downward arrow). Click on the icon and then look for your file, it should be the first one, and click on the little microscope to the right of it, this will bring you to your "finder folder." Once in the finder folder I right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting "Open with Java Web Start" and that allows Mac to make an exception and download the program.

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

I hope this helps someone!

2/18/2016 6:56:57 AM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I know this post is a few years old but I thought I would add input for any poor soul who may be experiencing this frustration as I was this morning.

I was having this same problem, I updated my Java, verified it was working however when I would attempt to download the UWorld software off the world website it would not allow me. Like nothing was happening, no popup, no alert, nothing. The problem I was experiencing is that my Mac wasn't allowing me to download any non-apple affiliated program.

The way I fixed this was by going to my downloads folder (this can be found on your web browser in the upper right hand corner - it's the icon of downward arrow). Click on the icon and then look for your file, it should be the first one, and click on the little microscope to the right of it, this will bring you to your "finder folder." Once in the finder folder I right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting "Open with Java Web Start" and that allows Mac to make an exception and download the program.

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

2/18/2016 6:58:46 AM
Thank you so much myas415095. It helped me )

3/21/2016 8:35:54 AM
pabe897295 wrote:
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

After over an hour, stumbled upon this post. You saved my sanity.

4/1/2016 10:01:04 PM
myas415095 thank you soo much, you made my day!! Big Grin

4/4/2016 4:12:08 PM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

4/4/2016 4:13:09 PM
THANK YOU!!! SAVED ME!

4/30/2016 9:05:37 AM
Thank you; it helped me!

pabe897295 wrote:
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

5/6/2016 10:34:15 AM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

THANK YOU!!!

6/8/2016 6:18:21 PM
Thank you this was so helpful! :-)

6/11/2016 9:50:24 AM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

THANK U !!
edited by on 6/11/2016

8/2/2016 10:11:53 PM
Myas415095 you are my hero!! Truly thank you!!!!! I haven't been able to use my subscription for a month! Now if only Uworld would put this somewhere more accessible in troubleshooting guidelines.

8/6/2016 7:37:50 PM
Hey... does anyone usmleworld takes very long time to load on Macbook?

8/11/2016 7:18:10 PM
NaNo82045362 wrote:
Hey... does anyone usmleworld takes very long time to load on Macbook?

I can't open uworld on my mac. Says I have an older version of the app, but I can't for the life of me find the page to redownload.

8/17/2016 8:15:27 PM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

8/23/2016 4:07:38 PM
Thanks! Worked for me just now

9/7/2016 9:31:00 PM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

9/7/2016 9:31:22 PM
myas415095 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Mac OS X 10.9.5

9/12/2016 1:03:55 PM
Thank you so much ,you saved me. I have spent hours trying to download it on my mac computer.

10/9/2016 12:06:18 PM
Still having problems even after doing these steps bc it doesn't trust the world source and says it will not open it

4/17/2017 10:20:48 AM
phway wrote:
hi, try download the software from link on uworld website launch. once you finish download, double click it, when another window appears that you do not have program to open the file, click browse, c:/program files/java/jre7/bin/javaws.exe (with or without .exe) and open, press ok to all the windows.

hope it helps

Thank you so much- this fixed my problem! I am running on Windows 10. One note to others- your Java might be stored in "Program Files (x86)" if you're having trouble finding it in "Program Files."

4/20/2017 4:16:31 PM
xhao674876 wrote:
phway wrote:

hope it helps

Thank you so much- this fixed my problem! I am running on Windows 10. One note to others- your Java might be stored in "Program Files (x86)" if you're having trouble finding it in "Program Files."

(Thank you for this additional note. "Program Files (x86)" and then finding "javaws" was a lifesaver for me. So much frustration, but now it works.)

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept