Certain I Failed at 265 - Canadian Student

8/18/2019 2:16:48 PM
My exam was several days ago and I felt absolutely miserable about it. 48 hours later, I found out via BCCNP webpage then received the official email several hours later (did not do PVT trick). I promise myself to write a post here if I pass and pay it forward with all the encouraging posts.

The exam: NCLEX was a beast in itself. If it wasn't for uworld, I would not have been able to sit through a 6 hour exam. The exam was similar to uworld but memorizing uworld questions will get you no where. Ensure you understand content.

Study material
1) saunders - started with the book and found it way too detailed. passive studying. change of study plan
2) hurst (no cost) - used 2-3 weeks to go through the videos and notes. Hurst is good for summaries but not for the actual test
3) Uworld - Finished 2000 questions with 300 remaining. Did 50-75 questions per day in tutor/time mode. I used a total of 2.5 months to prep (I was working at this time)
4) Mark K (no cost) audios during bus rides
5) 5-6 days before exam - review all notes

Uworld:
qbank - 34th percentile
1st assessment - 49% percent border line pass (1 week before exam)
2nd assessment - 64% high chance of passing (day before exam)

If you are concerned about your uworld scores, don't panic because honestly it does not matter! Prioritize understanding the rationales and how to answer questions. Write it down or use a white board with mind maps if needed. Don't skip and think you're gonna go back and look at the questions again... you may not have time to do that.

When you write notes, do Not copy and paste but rephrase the question then write down the answer. I went by categories ie. all subjects - respiratory, all subjects - pharm etc... when you do 75 question blocks, similar topics will repeat and you will remember those topics very well. REPETITION IS KEY! I also recommend doing the bank in tutor/time mode so you look at the rationale right away. This will prevent you from procrastinating going over 75 questions... trust me it does a while to go over 75.

You will be stressed, you will want to procrastinate but STICK TO IT because things are brighter/more exciting on the other side! GOOD LUCK!
edited by on 8/18/2019

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK