CCS software - Troubleshooting - Help and feedback

1/13/2011 6:24:36 AM
Dear all,

CCS software has been a problem for many.
Please share your problems and
More importantly;
solutions....

I encountered many problems...
Did anyone face same problems?
can somebody help?

I started with UW CCS prep

Case 1 Cystitis

I wished to give AMox for 7 days.
but case gets over before that...
I was never able to ''delete'' amox from orders and then order urine culture to check the cure.

I also noticed this problem with Many / Most / All cases...
You can start a treatment...but you dont have any control over when to stop..
let it be IBD with sulfasalazine..
or 1st episode of Depression with 6 mth requirement of medicine....

Case 2

As with Antibiotics...so is with Follow up appointments...
they never work like I wish they should...like in your practice....
Have I learned wrong ways to practice medicine or software isnt complete SIMULATION of real life...

Cause I feel lost in case 2 when i cudnt do Glucose tolerance at 26 weeks of pregnancy[ though UW explanation asks us to schedule visits according to proper life situation.......
Follow up appointments are lost in such an abrupt way that I have no clue if Im wrong....
most ''''Patient update''' windows say-
Patient Feeling very good and yet case ends before I have chance of follow up for fair reason

CASE 5
IBS
IBS is diagnosis of exclusion....
I wish to rule out other causes first....before I start loperamide and just reassuarance...

but in CCS they say TSH will b available next day and stool culture 3 days later [though- stool gram says No leukocyte]
Explanation also says SUBOPTIMAL CARE if you send patient home without some sulfasalazine...that means negative points!!

I have never handled IBS case....
I wud wait till next day for diagnosis of exclusion before starting Loperamide as I may need to give antibiotics with loperamide...

SUCH TIME restrictions are at many places....
like CASE 6
Depression...
TSH and Vit B12 level wont b available till next day and They say u shudnt send patient homw wihtout SSRI...
WHAT TO DO?
none of the TWO options is satisfactory....
can I start fluoxetine and if TSH problem found...can I stop it after 2-3 days?

ONE MORE Problem..

with a case in OFFICE-
patient goes home in around 3-4 hours '''automatically'''
I loose my sense that patient isnt in office and has gone home [himself!]...
then I order something and case goes on....even if I say Counsle...CCS clerk says patient counseled...
HOW ? over phone?.....!
IS there something grossly wrong with my management of OFFICE and HOME MOVE or even others find this problem?

I mean we cant sounsel or take a blood draw of patient at Home....right...
do we need to change pt so frequently?

Please help and contribute.

I would appreciate even slightest help.
w

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK