Helicobacter pylori treatment

1/28/2011 9:24:29 PM
For a patient with dyspepsia with H.Pylori and no ulcer on endoscopy do we initiate triple regimen or just PPI?

Thanks (Exam on Feb 1)
Any help would be appreciated

1/28/2011 10:31:41 PM
The American College of Gastroenterology suggests an empiric trial of acid suppression with a proton pump inhibitor for four to eight weeks as an option for initial treatment of non ulcer dyspepsia in areas with a low prevalence of H. pylori infection.

1/30/2011 6:28:46 PM
Thank you very much for the prompt response.

Another question about CCS. I have a general query about waiting for test results in some cases where you do not need immediate hospitalization. e.g. I have a case of diarrhea (traveller's) I know from the case description that it is either giardia or ETEC. But for the stool tests I need the patient to wait for 5-6 h. In that case do I treat with cipro and metro and oral hydration and call the patient the next day with the results available and cut down the antibiotics according to specific organism?

Thanks

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK