advise

2/20/2011 4:47:44 PM
hi can anyone tell me if i woul be consider for residency if i dont have the ecfmg certificate, I have passed my USMLE1, CS, CK but dont have the certificate...............
Shoul i enter the scramble??????
thanks for answering

2/21/2011 9:29:17 AM
I think you can participate. [technically].
[if you have taken eras token and applied at least ONE porgramm in this season]
But Im not sure of How much useful that can be for ann IMG without ECFMG Cert.
But chances are more than nothing so
I willa dvice FOR IT.

Read from-
http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html#scramble

NRMP Post-Match Scramble

This general information about the post-Match Scramble may answer many of your questions. In order to participate in the Scramble, you must be registered with:

* ERAS Support Services at ECFMG
* Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) administered by AAMC
* National Resident Matching Program (NRMP, or “the Match”)

All applicants who did not match with a residency program may participate in the post-Match Scramble. If you have any outstanding fees with AAMC ERAS or with ECFMG, you must make the necessary payment(s) to clear these outstanding balances; otherwise, you will be prohibited from participating in the Scramble.

If you wish to participate in the Scramble only, you must obtain an ERAS Token; register at MyERAS; register with NRMP; and apply to at least one program. We strongly urge you to apply to a program at least two weeks prior to the Scramble.

The Scramble starts on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, when the list of programs with unfilled positions is posted on the NRMP website, and ends on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States. Once the list has been posted, you may apply to any program with an unfilled position. You will not have access to the list of unfilled programs if you did not register with the Match; refer to the NRMP website for its policies. The Match Agreement prohibits applicants from sharing NRMP’s List of Unfilled Programs with individuals who did not register with the Match.

During the Scramble, you may apply to a maximum of 30 new programs and up to 15 programs to which you applied during the regular ERAS season. There is no charge for applying to programs during the Scramble.

If you reapply to programs, you cannot retransmit or make any changes to your application; if you need to make changes to document assignments, you must do so before reapplying.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK