Passed nclex, low qbank scores and assessment

6/3/2021 10:47:41 AM
Hey everybody,

I recently found out I passed nclex at around 130 questions. I did so many uworld questions that when I sat for nclex, it felt like I was doing another uworld quiz. Uworld does a great job at mimicking NCLEX.

Now for the important part.
If you're like me and worried about the scores you get on your qbank, whether you get a high chance of passing, borderline passing, or low chance of passing. Don't worry about that. My qbank scores were trash. Like around 51%. I kept getting low 50s on my qbank quizzes, and I got a low chance of passing on my assessment. When I went back to remediate, I noticed that I knew the answer for a couple of the questions, but I misread the question. If I got these low scores and still passed, then so can you. No excuses. I was burnt out from doing questions. I had like 4 hours of sleep the night before nclex. I was freezing and I had a mini migraine while taking the exam and I still passed. If I can do it, then so can you.

For those that are going to ask if nclex is harder, or uworld is harder. To be honest, I felt that nclex was just about the same as Uworld. I was too focus on trying to finish my exam, that I did not even pay attention to how many SATA I got, how many of these questions I got etc. I think I might have gotten around 20 something SATA, not sure, but I did notice that I was getting a decent amount of priority.

The main thing is do not focus so much on what scores you get on Uworld. That borderline passing, or low chance of passing is whatever. I know I almost defecated on myself when I saw low chance of passing on my assessment quiz, but I still went for it. Worse comes to worse, you take NCLEX again. You finished nursing school, you know this stuff. These questions always try to trick you up. Also, a lot of the stuff that I learned from uworld did not appear on nclex. This means that you do not know what you are going to get. No one is. Some might get more pediatrics, some might get more cardiac etc. Thank goodness I did not get a whole lot of pediatrics though hahaha. But still, keep doing those questions. Unused questions, wrong questions, whatever. Keep doing questions. Practice those test taking strategies. Drill those rationales into your head. Remember, the 50s, 40s, 30s, low chance of passing or whatever does not reflect how well you will do on nclex.

Good luck to the future test takers. You guys and girls will kill it. If you don't then keep trying. You will get there eventually! Don't give up!

2/25/2022 3:26:32 PM
fgit335724 wrote:
Hey everybody,

I recently found out I passed nclex at around 130 questions. I did so many uworld questions that when I sat for nclex, it felt like I was doing another uworld quiz. Uworld does a great job at mimicking NCLEX.

If you're like me and worried about the scores you get on your qbank, whether you get a high chance of passing, borderline passing, or low chance of passing. Don't worry about that. My qbank scores were trash. Like around 51%. I kept getting low 50s on my qbank quizzes, and I got a low chance of passing on my assessment. When I went back to remediate, I noticed that I knew the answer for a couple of the questions, but I misread the question. If I got these low scores and still passed, then so can you. No excuses. I was burnt out from doing questions. I had like 4 hours of sleep the night before nclex. I was freezing and I had a mini migraine while taking the exam and I still passed. If I can do it, then so can you.

For those that are going to ask if nclex is harder, or uworld is harder. To be honest, I felt that nclex was just about the same as Uworld. I was too focus on trying to finish my exam, that I did not even pay attention to how many SATA I got, how many of these questions I got etc. I think I might have gotten around 20 something SATA, not sure, but I did notice that I was getting a decent amount of priority.

The main thing is do not focus so much on what scores you get on Uworld. That borderline passing, or low chance of passing is whatever. I know I almost defecated on myself when I saw low chance of passing on my assessment quiz, but I still went for it. Worse comes to worse, you take NCLEX again. You finished nursing school, you know this stuff. These questions always try to trick you up. Also, a lot of the stuff that I learned from uworld did not appear on nclex. This means that you do not know what you are going to get. No one is. Some might get more pediatrics, some might get more cardiac etc. Thank goodness I did not get a whole lot of pediatrics though hahaha. But still, keep doing those questions. Unused questions, wrong questions, whatever. Keep doing questions. Practice those test taking strategies. Drill those rationales into your head. Remember, the 50s, 40s, 30s, low chance of passing or whatever does not reflect how well you will do on nclex.

Good luck to the future test takers. You guys and girls will kill it. If you don't then keep trying. You will get there eventually! Don't give up!

2/25/2022 7:07:03 PM
fgit335724 wrote:
Hey everybody,

THANK YOU!! I truly needed to read this. i take my test next week and I'm defecating on myself from the nerves. lol. this is giving me hope. congratulations new RN!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK