Help needed Urgent plzz

3/3/2011 11:12:44 AM
Hi,

Gona start my journey for step 2 CK... But confused in following parts..

1st = MTB for step 2 or MTB step 3?? Which one is good for step 2 n is there alot of difference?

2nd = Is kaplan Q bank worth to do?? or 1st aid Q & A's ??

3rd = Hv heard that kaplan dont really cover immunization n preventive medicine stuff in a good way..so any other alternative??

4th = How to learn ECG or tracing ques coz everyone is surely going to get atleast 2 or more? do u think kaplan more than enough or have to add any other book?

5th = Do we have to see pic for step 2? if yes then from where? if from harrison then they r alot too many , how can we cover them?

6th = Deja, neraj, or zako notes.... Are they helpfull..if yes then all of them or few of them?

7th = What is the best way to do Uworld q bank? i mean how to practice quest n how to read explanations?

8th = Last but not least is what is general principles of health n diseases?? All evaluation exams show them in evaluation but i dont know any book for them...So plzz tell me from where we have to do them for step 2??

Ur time n help is highly appreciated.... Bundle bundle of Thanks in Advance 4 any help n advice

Wish u best of luck ...

Regards

3/11/2011 4:09:35 AM
1st = MTB for step 2 or MTB step 3?? Which one is good for step 2 n is there alot of difference?

>>>>>

I think author has brain enough to label books step 2 and 3 appropriately.
So I'll advice step 2 MTB.
[Note:I used MTB only for step 3 as I had no idea baout it during step 2]

2nd = Is kaplan Q bank worth to do?? or 1st aid Q & A's ??

>>>>>

For CK or Step3 as well; UW is gold standard.
But if you have extra time and money- Kaplan is good enough for practising extra Qs.
But do kaplan first and then towards the end do UW.If you have to choose between one of them- UW is better.

3rd = Hv heard that kaplan dont really cover immunization n preventive medicine stuff in a good way..so any other alternative??

>>>>>>
If you feel so; study vaccination from a good reference book. I did it from Harrison and Nelson. small enough. Take own notes.
Preventive medicine= any book is good enough. Its mere common sense.
kaplan notes cover them well[I think so].

4th = How to learn ECG or tracing ques coz everyone is surely going to get atleast 2 or more? do u think kaplan more than enough or have to add any other book?

>>>>>>
CK will have 4-8 ECGs; but all will be easy and basic.
Expect common ones like-
Angina/MI/Electrolytes/Atrial/PSVT/Ventricular

Correlating with Question stem will provide enough pointers for you case.
This is not cardiology exam...so cool down!

5th = Do we have to see pic for step 2? if yes then from where? if from harrison then they r alot too many , how can we cover them?

>>>>>>>
Goljan pics from step 1 are enough.

6th = Deja, neraj, or zako notes.... Are they helpfull..if yes then all of them or few of them?
>>>>>>
Never heard of them.
And I dont think they will be needed.
I cant say about additional benefit; but till now hundreds of students scored well without these notes.

8th = Last but not least is what is general principles of health n diseases?? All evaluation exams show them in evaluation but i dont know any book for them...So plzz tell me from where we have to do them for step 2??

>>>>>
I dont think there is separate book for it.
May be it includes-
Pathophysiology. so not to worry much.

3/11/2011 4:12:55 AM
7th = What is the best way to do Uworld q bank? i mean how to practice quest n how to read explanations?

>>>>>>

Solve 24 Qs subjectwise timed mode daily OF THE SUBJECT YOU STUDIED ON THAT DAY.
Solve 24-48 Qs MIXED and TIMED daily.

Then Read all WRONG ones together and carefully.
Later read the right ones fast. If you got any Q right by fluke go slow for that Q.

later increase the number of blocks solved continuous.

2 or 3 together.

Last few days- do it like real exam-
2+2+2+2 blocks with 10-15 min break inbetween.

This will give you real exam simulation!

Anything else?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK