step 3 registration

5/26/2011 12:45:07 AM
Hi guys,

Does Step 3 need anything from my medical school for registration and taking the exam? The identification form I got from my medical school for the ECFMG certification is expiring soon. I am concerned if I need to get a new one this time for step 3 or if Step 3 needs me to ask my medical school to verify or give me any documents for filling the application and getting registered for the exam.

Please help
Thanks

Please help. Thanks

5/27/2011 10:56:57 PM
Come on guys. Most of you guys have already registered for the step 3 and can answer my question very easily. So why don't you answer my question? My question has been reviewed by 44 people but no answer why

Please take a second and say yes or no.

Thank you
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/27/2011
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/27/2011

5/28/2011 11:54:46 AM
Let me tell you. Step 3 in handled by the FSMB because, as you know, it is essentially a licensing exam. When you get your ECFMG Certficate you are Certified as having a Medical knowledge that matches the one of a graduate from a US/Canadian Liason Medical school. Now, the requirements necessary for you to register for the STEP 3 will VARY depending on the state through which you are taking the exam. As far as any document from your medical school, I can not imagine anything any state Medical Board may want from your medical school abroad. I would say " very likely " nothing from your medical school will be needed to sit and take a Step 3. What you need to know is that some states require that you appliy for a license while registering for step 3 while other states DO NOT. That's the most important piece of info I can give you . Before applying, CALL to the particular state and ask if you meet the credentials for taking STEP 3 through that particular state is my safest bet.

5/28/2011 8:47:49 PM
Thank you very much Creso for the explanation. Yes, I know that the requirment is different among states. I want to choode the Connecticut state. Do you have any idea about that?

Others, You are all also very welcome to submit any comments.If you have anything to say and help please do.

Thanks
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/28/2011

6/4/2011 6:27:09 AM
AfPa45660280 wrote:
Thank you very much Creso for the explanation. Yes, I know that the requirment is different among states. I want to choode the Connecticut state. Do you have any idea about that?

Others, You are all also very welcome to submit any comments.If you have anything to say and help please do.

Thanks

try this one. hope this would help http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_requirementschart.html

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK