Passed Step 3!

8/5/2011 10:43:17 PM
Since I had read through some of these posts, I figure I'd put in my two cents..
I started studying for Step 3 about a year after I took Step 2; wanted to be done with it before residency. Spent about 3 1/2 months studying.
I completed UWorld once with a 57%, took the UW assessment about 2 weeks before the real exam and got a 470/210; took the only NBME about 4 days before and got a 520. Neither of them test for the CCS. So for the CCS, I listened to Dr. Red/Archer's Lecture on CCS which was really good. Went through all the UW ccs. Then went thru majority of the Premier Review Lectures. Skimmed through Crush and Kaplan's Master of the Boards.
On the real exam got a 197/80. It seemed a bit harder than the practice questions I had been doing, but CCS is on par if you practice. Score came exactly 3 weeks later.
Good luck!

8/6/2011 12:54:23 PM
TiBr46203945 wrote:
Since I had read through some of these posts, I figure I'd put in my two cents..
I started studying for Step 3 about a year after I took Step 2; wanted to be done with it before residency. Spent about 3 1/2 months studying.
I completed UWorld once with a 57%, took the UW assessment about 2 weeks before the real exam and got a 470/210; took the only NBME about 4 days before and got a 520. Neither of them test for the CCS. So for the CCS, I listened to Dr. Red/Archer's Lecture on CCS which was really good. Went through all the UW ccs. Then went thru majority of the Premier Review Lectures. Skimmed through Crush and Kaplan's Master of the Boards.
On the real exam got a 197/80. It seemed a bit harder than the practice questions I had been doing, but CCS is on par if you practice. Score came exactly 3 weeks later.
Good luck!

CONGRATULATION well done

5/1/2012 8:25:41 PM
Congrats, did you do Archer rapid CCS prep or Intense prep?

9/15/2012 12:32:40 AM
Congrats, please post here download link for Archer.

9/15/2012 10:14:29 AM
TiBr46203945 wrote:
Good luck!

9/15/2012 10:18:03 AM
TiBr46203945 wrote:
Good luck!

Hey, i did the exact same as u did just that i took the kaplan course as well and scored 450 on u world assessment but i had passed the NBME and had a lot of trouble on the first testing day with a lot of GRE students typing on the keyboard so i could not concentrate. My score was 186 and i went down by 4 points. Is there a possibility of me having your premier notes. pLz email me [email protected]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK