UWorld QBank and the USMLE Exam

10/8/2011 7:00:33 PM
I just took the NBME form 1 online and scored 550/242...this is according to the key they have on the NBME website.

I would really appreciate it if someone would reply here and tell me a few things...I honestly dont get much of any of this :s

1. What does a 75% on Uworld Qbank correlate to?
2. How accurate is the NBME in predicting a mark?
3. Which is better to use Qbank or NBME?

Thanks

10/8/2011 9:34:07 PM
Hello,

Its better to use both, actually......the Qbank is best to practice, practice, practice, and the NMBE is best to predict your score. Sounds like you are right on target, but keep practicing questions, and take the other NMBE's...it will soundly increase your level of confidence. Getting in the 70's on your first go-round of uworld speaks volumes. Best of luck on the exams!!!

10/9/2011 12:20:40 PM
Buddy, just go take the god damn exam. My cumulative average on uworld was a 65% first time unused and when i took the NBME 3, i scored a 232. I re-did uworld and got an 80% cumulative average the second time. My actual exam score- 242/99. If you are scoring a 75% on the first time you're doing UWorld, you will definitely score above a 240 or even higher. Just go take the test before you forget the material. The longer you wait, the more you forget.
Good Luck!

rassoul87 wrote:
I just took the NBME form 1 online and scored 550/242...this is according to the key they have on the NBME website.

I would really appreciate it if someone would reply here and tell me a few things...I honestly dont get much of any of this :s

1. What does a 75% on Uworld Qbank correlate to?
2. How accurate is the NBME in predicting a mark?
3. Which is better to use Qbank or NBME?

Thanks

10/9/2011 3:31:09 PM
lol...i agree with MaRe32691713...good luck!

12/5/2011 11:44:03 PM
rassoul87 wrote:
Hey guys, thank alot The way I study is extremely unorthodox and what usually happens is I either nail the exam or get nailed by it lol. I'm an IMG and thats why I stress because simple 99's dont get us far we need high 99's :s I appreciate both of your input and thanks once again, I reserved my exam for November 2nd (earliest opening). God bless you both

hi.. i feel the same way. im an old img as well..

how was ur exam?

12/15/2011 6:42:23 PM
Hello daria. Well towards the end I took NBME 2 and 4 they had increased dramatically I can easily say NMBE 4 is the most accurate, I scored 270 and my final score was 274

12/16/2011 11:09:40 PM
rassoul87 wrote:
Hello daria. Well towards the end I took NBME 2 and 4 they had increased dramatically I can easily say NMBE 4 is the most accurate, I scored 270 and my final score was 274

Hi rassoul, I am studying for CK right now and wondering whether to do another qbank first before doing Uworld so I can score high on uworld my first time. I plan on doing it timed/ unused/ random. What do you suggest I do. I am looking for a similar score as you. Please advise.

12/17/2011 5:28:44 PM
During my first read through I did do the Kaplan Qbook, as i said in my other post it was useless as far as information goes. But it did help me sharpen my recall ability and that is a BIG +. I definitly recommend you do the Uworld blocks as you said, because you need to get used to switching your mind track from one major to another really fast.

Dont stress out over your end average at all it means NOTHING, the only thing that matters is that as time comes along your scores are increasing. And like I said I believe the key to my success was that in my last week I reviewed the entire Internal Med book and all of Uworld. It drained me like nothing ive ever done in my life but that much information in one week right before the exam kept it there nice and fresh for the exam lol.

Best of luck and dont put so much stress on yourself, remember anything above a 226 is/was a 99. And anything above a 235 and you're well over the mean score of many residency programs in the states Just something to help relax you a bit

http://www.nrmp.org/data/programresultsbyspecialty2010v3.pdf

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK