ECFMG certificate

7/1/2009 12:07:35 AM
does anybody knows if it is necessary to get the ECFMG certificate to be able to apply for step 3 or it is enough to have the test results for step 1 and 2? i am kind of short in time and i heard the certificate takes long time ..i also dont know do we have to pass CS to apply for step 3 ? if any body knows please reply thanks.

7/1/2009 7:25:52 PM
Yes you need to be ECFMG certified to be able to apply for STEP 3.and you have to pass CS for certification.The certificate usually comes 2 weeks after CS pass result.For CS exam score release you can check ECFMG web site. It takes a long time,longer than CK or step 1.
good luck

7/2/2009 2:38:36 AM
thanks a lot Dr Karen i appreciate your help. i have heard a lot of suggestions regarding step 3 studying, crush the boards, master the board, washington manual of medical therapeutics, any special recommendation for a sourse to stick to? what about UWorld is it enough to study from?

7/3/2009 4:27:59 AM
I did kaplan qbank,UW and First Aid,It was enough for me.my score is not a perfect one (82/200),but to be honest I don't care.I just wanna to get rid of this torture.The only thing I did UW CSS 4-5 times each case,very very helpful.Now i just happy I am done with all this steps.i am out of practice more then 10years and i am not in residency yet.So i think you will be able to do it too.GOOD LUCK
edited by skaren on 9/15/2009

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK