Any FMG who passed Step 3 w/no res training?

7/1/2009 9:03:50 PM
I'd like to know what step 3 results the FMG's who took the exam w/o having residency training in America have. Please include UWorld QBank % and Kaplan Qbank %. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Dr. Scared to Death of Step 3
edited by drasm on 7/1/2009

7/3/2009 4:38:25 AM
Hi.I took step3 couple weeks ago and I passed it.I am old FMG w/o residency training out of practice for more then 10years.I don't think there is real correlation between UW Q bank% kaplan Qbank % and real exam score.My % was 63,65%,but I got 82/200 on step. nt a best score,but i am done.The exam is difficult,but it's not scared,I expected it worse.the UW CCS were very very helpful.I did it 4-5 times each.
GOOD LUCK
edited by skaren on 9/15/2009

7/25/2009 11:43:06 PM
No US residency at all, did the Step 3 after 2+ months of studying. Did UW MCQs and CCS once only, scored 220/93. Very happy with results, as I'm working full time, doing calls and taking care of 3 kids.

8/17/2009 4:17:11 PM
skaren wrote:
Hi.I took step3 couple weeks ago and I passed it.I am old FMG w/o residency training out of practice for more then 10years.I don't think there is real correlation between UW Q bank% kaplan Qbank % and real exam score.My % was 63,65%,but I got 82/200 on step. nt a best score,but i am done.The exam is difficult,but it's not scared,I expected it worse.the UW CCS were very very helpful.I did it 4-5 times each.i got 5 CSS on exam almost the same.
GOOD LUCK

Hi, I too am an old FMG. can u tell where and how to apply for step 3 without US residency training? i mean, which states let us take step 3 without the training requirement?

8/18/2009 8:18:55 PM
Hi, about 13 or more states let FMG take step 3 without residency.You can find information on fsmb.org. I applied in California.As I remember NY,NJ,CT,NC,SC and so on. You don't need to live in this states,.check web site,you will find all information.Good luck

8/20/2009 5:32:29 AM
No,she is not and she can't work as general practitioner.She need to get residency to meet main requirements for MD.Officialy she needs to have as I know at least 2 years residency training in USA to get her license.

8/21/2009 12:57:55 PM
hi Skaren, thank you for the information..
the way I understand this, after completing step 1 and 2, i should apply to ecfmg for step 3 stating its from one of the states which allow us to take the 3rd step prior to starting residency training.

8/21/2009 6:22:08 PM
Yes ,you need to complete step 1 and 2 +CS and also be ECFMG certified to be eligible for step 3.You should apply to FSMB not ECFMG,you need to send application through fsmb.org,they have all information on web site.As I know they have some deadline for application and supporting documents.check it.You just need to mention state which allow to take st3 prior,but you can take exam in any prometric center.

8/22/2009 2:19:58 PM
You must have passed a while ago. The minimum now is 87 to pass the Step Three exam.

skaren wrote:
Hi.I took step3 couple weeks ago and I passed it.I am old FMG w/o residency training out of practice for more then 10years.I don't think there is real correlation between UW Q bank% kaplan Qbank % and real exam score.My % was 63,65%,but I got 82/200 on step. nt a best score,but i am done.The exam is difficult,but it's not scared,I expected it worse.the UW CCS were very very helpful.I did it 4-5 times each.i got 5 CSS on exam almost the same.
GOOD LUCK

8/22/2009 5:31:23 PM
Hi,you have wrong information.I passed in July 2009.Minimum score is 75/187 for step 3.

9/20/2009 7:17:43 AM
[quote=drasm]You must have passed a while ago. The minimum now is 87 to pass the Step Three exam.

[quote=skaren]Hi.I took step3 couple weeks ago and I passed it.I am old FMG w/o residency training out of practice for more then 10years.I don't think there is real correlation between UW Q bank% kaplan Qbank % and real exam score.My % was 63,65%,but I got 82/200 on step. nt a best score,but i am done.The exam is difficult,but it's not scared,I expected it worse.the UW CCS were very very helpful.
GOOD LUCK
edited by skaren on 9/20/2009

9/22/2009 3:24:43 PM
tkbteo wrote:
No US residency at all, did the Step 3 after 2+ months of studying. Did UW MCQs and CCS once only, scored 220/93. Very happy with results, as I'm working full time, doing calls and taking care of 3 kids.

How do you work in the USA without residency??????

12/2/2014 12:11:53 PM
sksk19383020 wrote:
Hi.I took step3 couple weeks ago and I passed it.I am old FMG w/o residency training out of practice for more then 10years.I don't think there is real correlation between UW Q bank% kaplan Qbank % and real exam score.My % was 63,65%,but I got 82/200 on step. nt a best score,but i am done.The exam is difficult,but it's not scared,I expected it worse.the UW CCS were very very helpful.I did it 4-5 times each.
GOOD LUCK
edited by skaren on 9/15/2009

Hi I'm an old IMG ,with an old ECFMG certificate. At the time there was no CS.. Yes tha at old..
I'm in us now and want to know what I should do to get a residency position..
Some advised CS and step three then try for a match.. Others suggested changing career as no hope..
Any opinions or advices?..
Thanks

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK