Steps attempt limt question

12/19/2011 11:28:33 AM
Had a question in regards to the attempt limit policy that goes into effect starting Jan. 1,2012 (or 2013 if you've already attempted a Step prior).

Let's say that I passed Step 1 several years back and it took me two attempts to pass it. Since I "passed" it already and my score after 7 years would no longer valid, obviously, I would need to retake it again. Does the attempt limit reset to 0 or are the 2 attempt limits already counted even though I passed the exam previously?

I'm in the process of trying to complete Step 2 CK and CS before the 7 year mark elapses. A lot of things happened which have prevented me from being about to properly prep for Step 2 CK, and I was able to begin prep earlier this year, though now I know I'm running against the clock to clear these two exams before my Step 1 becomes invalid near the end of next year.
edited by SaPa45519635 on 12/19/2011

12/19/2011 4:11:50 PM
I guess if you let those 7 years pass it should reset as your first attempt. My advice is to call ECFMG and try to clarify this if u r an IMG. Cause it s not impossible but it s just a risk trying to have ck and cs done next yr I means finacially. Also even tougher start from zero. Base on how you realy feel you ll deciede.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK