my uworld self assesment score

12/26/2011 10:53:14 PM
hello friends,i just did my uworld self assesment test.and i got 430/201 .i dont know whether this is good or bad or ok ok...my step 2 exam is on 23rd jan...and i am very nervous.i did uworld 2 times.first time untimed subject wise i got 60% and second time untimed subject wise i got 70% of the correct answers.please guys guide me for my exam what shd i do next .i got very low scores in step 1.any help would be appreciated...thanks...

12/27/2011 11:17:09 AM
dear dont woryy..........201 is not bad but some what low score. but dont wory............do study books what u already read. and from my point of view upto 23rd jan u have to go through master the board step2ck......and other thing do NBME all four forums offline or online as u can manage.....ok....in the end i must say dont wory......god bless u.....all the best

12/27/2011 7:39:49 PM
thank you so much dr vicky.i have been studying MTB and i am more confident now that yes i can do it...i did NBME 4 one and half month ago and i was just passing .everybody says that NBME 4 is the toughest one.i work 14 hrs a day and study .not in the position to do all the NBME tests.if you have any link for NBME OFFLINE. then please help me on that i will really appreciate that ...thankyou again ...
Dr.Vicky wrote:
dear dont woryy..........201 is not bad but some what low score. but dont wory............do study books what u already read. and from my point of view upto 23rd jan u have to go through master the board step2ck......and other thing do NBME all four forums offline or online as u can manage.....ok....in the end i must say dont wory......god bless u.....all the best

1/2/2012 11:39:20 AM
just send me ur email id on my email. [email protected]

1/3/2012 3:06:51 PM
hey,

i just saw your post and wanted to say that i saw a drastic change in my scores with MTB-2. that book is a-m-a-z-i-n-g in all the internal medicine and psychiatry sections. try to read those chapters from MTB 2 as many times as you can. i wouldn't really recommend it for obg or peds. so if those are your weak areas then i'd suggest going through kaplan. so basically, focus on your weak areas and work on improving them.

secondly, though i understand how difficult it is for you to do nbmes, i would really suggest buying them because you will get that chart showing your weak areas, and these last few weeks are a very critical period. so if you can afford to, try to buy more nbmes.

regardless, its always good to do new questions.

so, good luck!!!!! i'm sure you'll ace it. you have plenty of time. don't panic, make a timetable and do bit by bit every day.

feel free to PM me if you need to ask me something.

1/3/2012 6:40:03 PM
Hi, i took my uwSA 4 days before take the real exam, my score was 242 in the SA and i just did 90% of the qbank timed,mixed,unused and i got 64%, for me mtb was useless and i reviewed it after i took my exam and i confirmed it, is quite useless, im answering this post because i want to tell you guys how i did it in the real test. The real test was awful very exhausting, 8 hours of torture, so my best advice is that all of you guys beside to study you have to have a good strategy to solve the test, dealing with the tiredness and don't forget the less important subjects like biostatisc in my test i got like 15 q's of biostatics and 3 add ons of drugs. So I know everybody talks about studying strategies and resources, i call you guys to set a strategy to face the test aswell!!!!!!!
p.s. i will publish my score in this blog to compare the selfassesmet with the real score!

1/3/2012 11:37:11 PM
oswaldo wrote:
Hi, i took my uwSA 4 days before take the real exam, my score was 242 in the SA and i just did 90% of the qbank timed,mixed,unused and i got 64%, for me mtb was useless and i reviewed it after i took my exam and i confirmed it, is quite useless, im answering this post because i want to tell you guys how i did it in the real test. The real test was awful very exhausting, 8 hours of torture, so my best advice is that all of you guys beside to study you have to have a good strategy to solve the test, dealing with the tiredness and don't forget the less important subjects like biostatisc in my test i got like 15 q's of biostatics and 3 add ons of drugs. So I know everybody talks about studying strategies and resources, i call you guys to set a strategy to face the test aswell!!!!!!!
p.s. i will publish my score in this blog to compare the selfassesmet with the real score!

I agree with Oswaldo, because I took the testin april and I did not pass for 3 points..got 185...questions are not impossible but are tricky. it requires you know the materials and that you REASON a lot because there are a lot of confounders...they put u a couple of things that make you wonder about the the answer...so sometimes you need to rule out, and to be able to rule out you need to know well the materials...regarding biostatistics..wellI dont recall do many difficult qs..mostly were specificity sensitivity..easy things...psychiatry was very hard to me because you really have to have in mind the definition of the disease..like duration and syntoms..preventive medicine was tough too...so I revised these subjects carefully changing materials and now I am stronger..hopefully

1/4/2012 1:56:24 AM
Totally correct masc! you have to be able to rule out very similar answers, what im trying to do is to compare the selfassesment with the real test score, please lets all share our experience to have mor information about the accuracy of the self assesment, i know they say that the SA is not intended to predict the usmle score, but we can, all share our experience and take out our conclusions. i will inform as soon as i get my score, probably in 3 weeks!
Good luck to all!!!!

1/4/2012 8:23:48 AM
i agree with oswaldo to a certain extent. when i said mtb-2 is good, i did not mean that you should use that as a sole reference. if it helps allow me to mention how i used it in my prep.. i did kaplan lecture notes twice, then did an nbme, then uworld, then nbme again, then i focused on my weak areas in the most recent nbme by studying mtb-2 for those select sections. it was not effective for obgyn or peds. but the internal medicine sections on nephro, pulmo, immunology, and genetics really helped me remember important points. after that i did uworld once again and another nbme..at which point i saw that there was a big change in the performance graph for my nephro and pulmo.

and i totally agree with oswaldo and masc in that you have to get reasoning down pat. what i found that helped me was when i read a uworld explanation, if something wasn't clear i'd immediately refer to the notes or even wikipedia to get a more detailed description especially for dermatological diseases. i found this helped me on the actual exam b/c there were a couple of dermat q's, where i could easily diagnose the condition b/c i'd glanced at a lot of image galleries on the net.

please take all this advice with a pinch of salt as i have not received my scores yet, but when i do i'll let you guys know.

my actual exam experience, i totally agree with masc, it was dreadfully long and i feel as if i made lots of careless mistakes simply b/c i was so damn tired towards the end. but keeping my fingers crossed. good luck to you all!

1/4/2012 10:19:35 AM
alright you guys, just received my score. got a 220. not very happy with it. my uwsa estimated 240/600. but an nbme i'd done 1 week before the exam gave me a 220. getting worried about residency now. is 220 a good score for peds?

1/4/2012 2:43:27 PM
afmo- i did all 4 nbmes as well as the UWSA. all were timed modes.

1/4/2012 3:12:37 PM
steps23 wrote:
afmo- i did all 4 nbmes as well as the UWSA. all were timed modes.

honestly I dont have any idea if your score is good for pediatrics. BUT CONGRATS. it is not an easy task this exam...I have been fooled by people that told me that was easier than step 1..it is not at all...
do you mind to tell me which NMBE you suggest me to do as i am done n4 and n 2? my exam is the 17th ..I dont want to do anything that make my confidence going down the sink..I feel I am psicologically were weak..if i dont get a good score I will postpone it..even if this is the last thing I d like to do right now...

1/4/2012 3:57:29 PM
hey, don't worry, believe in yourself, you will do fine as long as you are confident, which means you concentrate more on what you read, and remember more.

i've heard people say that nbme 1 is relatively easy, and 3 is more difficult.

good luck, don't panic, you'll do fine

1/4/2012 4:51:57 PM
Congratulations Step 23 !!! i wish i could get a score near to yours, im agree with you in that many people says that this test is easiest than the step1 is not! is somehow more tricky. I accept i've been too harsh with the MTB, it worths it to buy it and to try it, after all doesnt matter wich resources you get or how much effort you put in it, at the end what really matter is when youre in front of the computer anwering those q's and of course your final score! Congrats again, i would be very pleased with that score!

1/18/2012 3:00:51 PM
brothers and sister as i said to you this is my score 238/83 my uwsa was 242, so it was pretty close, i didnt use the nbme system, but im very happy!Good luck to you all!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK