Advise needed for step 2 & others

1/30/2012 12:13:22 AM
Hello to all,

I have left medicine and have settled in a different career. I want to come back to medicine. I am 36 yrs old. I am starting to study for usmle step 1,2, csa this year. I am not sure about step3 but I don't need a US visa. I have 11 months till dec 31st to qualify for next year match right? Can you please advise on a simple plan like how many months for step 1 & 2? How many months for csa? when is the best time for csa? end of the year before dec 31st?

Thank you so much. I feel a bit nervous but I am motivated and want to do the exam. I'll be sharing my progress with the board.

Thanks again...

2/2/2012 10:44:02 PM
well i am not an expert ,but il tell u what i know

1-if u plan to apply for 2013 match, you should apply by sept 1 2012.
2- cs pattern is changing from june so try to give cs before may 19 , so that ur score will be in hand by sep1.
3-you can give 6-7 wks prep for cs join kaplan classes or anyone you wish
4 step 1 needs 5-6 months depends upon your speed.dont take the exam unless you start gettin your desired score in nbme
step 2 ck around 3 months

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK