Stuck in Step 3

2/7/2012 9:43:12 PM
Hi
I used first aid for step 3, done with UW questions twice, UW cumulative performance was 53% correct, got all the UW CCS cases right. UW simulation test got 440/203/83.USMLE practice test got 73% correct. NBME self assessment (form 2) got (110) !!!???. I was shocked when I saw it, I called the NBME to let them review my test and to check whether or not there is something wrong with it. They were very professional and told me that nothing is wrong with it and all answers were submitted properly. this is my first trial of step 3, all I need is a passing score. I cancelled my scheduled appointment to do step 3. I am very confused and do not know what to do further. I really need a good advice at this point.......anyone has a good idea ?

2/7/2012 11:45:45 PM
I am in the same situation than you man, I took USME WORLD qbank I got 53 percent, I am doing kaplan qbank and I have 54 %, I took UWorld self assessment and I got score to pass the real exam, then I took the nmbe form 2 and I got 290, very low score, after that I studied for a month and I took nbme form 1 and I got 180, after a month studing a got worse score in the second one NBME that I took, I dont know what to do, my exam is suppose to be in this week, I am going to cancel, I am going to loose the money because is my second extension, I think that NBME are not accurate for step three.

2/7/2012 11:53:07 PM
Thank you very much maca for your reply. If the NBME assessment test is not accurate, what is the ulternative ? ......... thank you again and wish you the best of luck

2/8/2012 1:02:55 AM
omah29316576 wrote:
Thank you very much maca for your reply. If the NBME assessment test is not accurate, what is the ulternative ? ......... thank you again and wish you the best of luck

I dont know about another alternative, if you know please let me know, where are your from, I am latino, I live in manhattan New York.

2/8/2012 2:47:29 PM
of course , as soon as I know anything else , I will let you know. I am originally from Iraq, living now in Michigan. graduated 1999. done with all steps by first attempts, and wanted to push step 3 away before starting residency. Step 1 ( 222/92 ), step 2 (219/94). Thank you and keep me updated with your news.

2/8/2012 10:27:01 PM
omah29316576 wrote:
of course , as soon as I know anything else , I will let you know. I am originally from Iraq, living now in Michigan. graduated 1999. done with all steps by first attempts, and wanted to push step 3 away before starting residency. Step 1 ( 222/92 ), step 2 (219/94). Thank you and keep me updated with your news.

OK, GOOD , I GOT A PREMATCH, I GOING TO START RESIDENCY ON JULY.

2/10/2012 1:34:53 PM
Congrats maca30771737. this is really good news. you deserve it.... hopping you the best of luck.

4/19/2012 12:44:24 PM
After I cancelled my exam appt. I studied MTB3 once and went through Kaplan Qbank (timed-mixed ) and got on Kaplan 59% cumulative. and did NBME form 1 to see how much I have been improved.............And the big surprise again( 160 ). I am really tired and don't know what to do. I cancelled my exam appt. again. All I want is to pass, I will begin residency in July, so I just want to push it away from my path.

4/19/2012 12:44:25 PM
After I cancelled my exam appt. I studied MTB3 once and went through Kaplan Qbank (timed-mixed ) and got on Kaplan 59% cumulative. and did NBME form 1 to see how much I have been improved.............And the big surprise again( 160 ). I am really tired and don't know what to do. I cancelled my exam appt. again. All I want is to pass, I will begin residency in July, so I just want to push it away from my path.

5/31/2012 5:31:23 PM
Does anyone have info on how to go from family medicine to Internal medicie.
thaks

6/15/2012 10:44:26 PM
I got my score report yesterday and I passed 207/79. I got little bit more than borderline performance on most subjects, and higher performance on CCS. I studded CCS only on UW. however none of them were from UW cases.
I wanted to say 3 things :
1- Thanks for all people who cared about and helped people like me in this forum particularly when I needed help and advice.
2-This exam is about only one thing from my point of view, hard work and only hard work no matter what the study time and resources used.
3- I waited this moment since long ago to say like other step 3 passers........( bye bye USMLE).

good luck to all

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK