Step 3

2/22/2012 5:36:18 AM
I took step 3 in january. Frankly, I thought it was really hard. I studied over a period of two months on and off, using Kaplan white coat pocket guide, Uworld questions, and the Uworld cases. I honestly didn't think studying helped THAT much, but I guess it's hard to make a blanket statement like that. The first day was completely exhausting. I had to walk around the prometric center a few times just to clear my head. The second day was much easier and the cases were easier than the world cases. I ended up passing, so finally done with the Step exams!

Step1/Step 2/Step 3 256/259/240

2/22/2012 9:42:39 AM
ejsmd11 wrote:
I took step 3 in january. Frankly, I thought it was really hard. I studied over a period of two months on and off, using Kaplan white coat pocket guide, Uworld questions, and the Uworld cases. I honestly didn't think studying helped THAT much, but I guess it's hard to make a blanket statement like that. The first day was completely exhausting. I had to walk around the prometric center a few times just to clear my head. The second day was much easier and the cases were easier than the world cases. I ended up passing, so finally done with the Step exams!

Step1/Step 2/Step 3 256/259/240

Dear friend,
kindly throw some more light on how to start reading. I am just about to begin with my preperation...am an IMG and am not into a residency position. My experience with u-world for step 1 and step 2 has been pretty good...is the same thing not true for step 3..?..do give more specific tips if u have the time. Id really appreciate since I have no-one to talk to except this forum regarding my preperation.
Thanks and Gud Luk!

2/22/2012 3:31:11 PM
Congratulations on passing your Step 3 exam! I just signed up to start uworld and the cases. I do not know anyone in Houston preparing for the exam, and all doctors I have met have said Step 3 is much easier than Step 2, which they said was easier than Step 1. I believe they all have varying degrees of difficulty, and none of the material tested has been presented in the same manner. I tend to take a little longer than some to prepare, but thank you for sharing your study methods. If you have any further tips that you think may be of use to us, I too ask you to continue sharing. Congratulations again!
edited by TiGr28642324 on 2/22/2012

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK