I GOT MY SCORE

3/21/2012 10:25:35 AM
THANKS GOD

i am happy it came out 261/86, i wish it compensates my 235/99 in step 1

i am really grateful for UWorld and kaplan videos , they helped me alot to get this score


3/21/2012 10:34:39 AM
when did u give ur exam i gave mine on 2nd march n vent received result yet...do u ve any idea???


3/21/2012 10:35:52 AM
congrats ... sure it is .

can you share you preparation and exam experience

thanks in advance


3/21/2012 10:38:52 AM
qubu80236396 wrote:
when did u give ur exam i gave mine on 2nd march n vent received result yet...do u ve any idea???



i had it on feb 28


3/21/2012 10:46:45 AM
SaAb49177100 wrote:
congrats ... sure it is .

can you share you preparation and exam experience

thanks in advance


well, i studied for 7 monthes, i read kaplan notes and i watched the videos, i come over the UWorld about 3 times, and i was adding the extra information i get from the UWorld on my notes..............but to tell u the truth, everyone has his own way in studing that suits him.
the most important thing in my view is how to come over the whole studying material in the last 7 to 10 days before the exam.


3/21/2012 10:54:40 AM
thank you .. you are right every one have his own way to study but some times one do mistake in his preparation that can be correct base on other experience with exam .. again thanks and good luck
edited by SaAb49177100 on 3/21/2012


3/22/2012 12:58:32 AM
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SaAb49177100 wrote:
congrats ... sure it is .

can you share you preparation and exam experience

thanks in advance


well, i studied for 7 monthes, i read kaplan notes and i watched the videos, i come over the UWorld about 3 times, and i was adding the extra information i get from the UWorld on my notes..............but to tell u the truth, everyone has his own way in studing that suits him.
the most important thing in my view is how to come over the whole studying material in the last 7 to 10 days before the exam.


hey Saab,

Just had one question for you. When you went over the u-world 3times did u do it in the q-ans format or just the answers or went over ur notes? Thanks1


3/22/2012 8:49:18 AM
Keerthana wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SaAb49177100 wrote:
congrats ... sure it is .

can you share you preparation and exam experience

thanks in advance


well, i studied for 7 monthes, i read kaplan notes and i watched the videos, i come over the UWorld about 3 times, and i was adding the extra information i get from the UWorld on my notes..............but to tell u the truth, everyone has his own way in studing that suits him.
the most important thing in my view is how to come over the whole studying material in the last 7 to 10 days before the exam.


hey Saab,

Just had one question for you. When you went over the u-world 3times did u do it in the q-ans format or just the answers or went over ur notes? Thanks1


iwent over the questions, put in your mind every time takes much less time to go over it,, the last time i focused on my previous mistakes


3/22/2012 12:35:08 PM
Hi there! Congrats for the results you've got recently! I'm also an IMG who is studying for the step2 ck. You said that you've reviewed the kaplan video lectures...i'm trying to find them and i have no luck. Would you mind giving me a link or whatever to download them please? Thank you very much! and congrats again!!


3/22/2012 10:08:48 PM
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


3/24/2012 9:08:06 AM
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


3/24/2012 11:35:27 PM
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


3/25/2012 6:53:08 AM
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


i studied for 7 months , average studying hours is 5 to 6 hours, taking in consideration i am working , u can make it in august but if u r doing nothing else in ur life like work, i solved around 60% of kaplan questions, plus UWorld


3/25/2012 8:06:12 AM
hi,
congrat onn ur great score .pl guide me ,abt the kaplan q bank on nline,as u mentioned in ur last post,as many people don,t favour using it ,,is it worth it,helps in making concept.
thanks


3/26/2012 11:00:21 AM
finza911 wrote:
hi,
congrat onn ur great score .pl guide me ,abt the kaplan q bank on nline,as u mentioned in ur last post,as many people don,t favour using it ,,is it worth it,helps in making concept.
thanks


the only advantage of kaplan over UWorld is that it trains u to deal with long questions, in real exam the questions are longer than u r used to in UWorld.


3/26/2012 1:41:08 PM
Congrats... Excellent score. I just have a few questions. What was your final percentage in UW Qbank? Did you take a UW assessment test before the exam? If so what did you score in the assessment? During the last few weeks before the exam how were you studying? What was your strategy? Thanks for your assistance


3/26/2012 3:25:47 PM
PaIy71679590 wrote:
Congrats... Excellent score. I just have a few questions. What was your final percentage in UW Qbank? Did you take a UW assessment test before the exam? If so what did you score in the assessment? During the last few weeks before the exam how were you studying? What was your strategy? Thanks for your assistance


my uw score, i didnt care so much for it, but in the 1st attempt i think it was 70-75%, i didnt use any assessment test, in the last 13 days, i come over the whole notes, i started by the internal medicine and pediatrics because those were my strong point,then surgrey then oby/gyn, then stastics then psychiatry which was my weakest point to let it very close to the exam,,,,but actually my worst performance was still in psychiaty according to the report i got....during this period i studied pediatrics with internal medicine, like heamatology i do it in both together, it saves time and makes u focused, things that are difficult to memorize yet it is important like growth and development in pediatrics make it in the last few days, u will get 4 or more questions in this subject and it is pretty difficult to get them if u didnt memorize it close to the exam..............however everyone has his own way that suits him, and this is some of my experience.


3/27/2012 10:06:16 AM
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
PaIy71679590 wrote:
Congrats... Excellent score. I just have a few questions. What was your final percentage in UW Qbank? Did you take a UW assessment test before the exam? If so what did you score in the assessment? During the last few weeks before the exam how were you studying? What was your strategy? Thanks for your assistance


my uw score, i didnt care so much for it, but in the 1st attempt i think it was 70-75%, i didnt use any assessment test, in the last 13 days, i come over the whole notes, i started by the internal medicine and pediatrics because those were my strong point,then surgrey then oby/gyn, then stastics then psychiatry which was my weakest point to let it very close to the exam,,,,but actually my worst performance was still in psychiaty according to the report i got....during this period i studied pediatrics with internal medicine, like heamatology i do it in both together, it saves time and makes u focused, things that are difficult to memorize yet it is important like growth and development in pediatrics make it in the last few days, u will get 4 or more questions in this subject and it is pretty difficult to get them if u didnt memorize it close to the exam..............however everyone has his own way that suits him, and this is some of my experience.


Ok thanks for your assistance


3/29/2012 6:58:24 AM
hi,
just 1 more qs,when did u starte taking the kaplan q bank..and they have diagnostic test in it did ,u take that,any more info u acn give abt the kaplan q bank..
thanks


3/29/2012 2:50:56 PM
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


i studied for 7 months , average studying hours is 5 to 6 hours, taking in consideration i am working , u can make it in august but if u r doing nothing else in ur life like work, i solved around 60% of kaplan questions, plus UWorld



I read you message again. I am not sure If I understood. Did you take both Kaplan and UWorld, at the same time? went over the 2400 questions 3 times, during the 7 months? During the same time you watched videos and took notes... During the last 13 days, you just went over your notes. Right?
Thank you. I am just trying to find the best way to study and take the exam in August.
I do work too. Some days I study 20 hours, others 4hs....
edited by mato53461149 on 3/29/2012


3/30/2012 5:46:15 PM
finza911 wrote:
hi,
just 1 more qs,when did u starte taking the kaplan q bank..and they have diagnostic test in it did ,u take that,any more info u acn give abt the kaplan q bank..
thanks


kaplan q bank ... isolved only 60% of it in the last 40 days, as i said it only makes u familial with long questions


3/30/2012 5:50:11 PM
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


i studied for 7 months , average studying hours is 5 to 6 hours, taking in consideration i am working , u can make it in august but if u r doing nothing else in ur life like work, i solved around 60% of kaplan questions, plus UWorld



I read you message again. I am not sure If I understood. Did you take both Kaplan and UWorld, at the same time? went over the 2400 questions 3 times, during the 7 months? During the same time you watched videos and took notes... During the last 13 days, you just went over your notes. Right?
Thank you. I am just trying to find the best way to study and take the exam in August.
I do work too. Some days I study 20 hours, others 4hs....
edited by mato53461149 on 3/29/2012


well, i went over the 2400 questions 3 times, i solved 60% of kaplan once by the last month, i watched the videos once and the internal medicine twice, u may think it is too much!!!i do it that way: i read the branch eg.heamatology, i listen to the videos while reading, and then solve its questions,,,and i did that twice.


3/30/2012 7:35:22 PM
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


i studied for 7 months , average studying hours is 5 to 6 hours, taking in consideration i am working , u can make it in august but if u r doing nothing else in ur life like work, i solved around 60% of kaplan questions, plus UWorld



I read you message again. I am not sure If I understood. Did you take both Kaplan and UWorld, at the same time? went over the 2400 questions 3 times, during the 7 months? During the same time you watched videos and took notes... During the last 13 days, you just went over your notes. Right?
Thank you. I am just trying to find the best way to study and take the exam in August.
I do work too. Some days I study 20 hours, others 4hs....
edited by mato53461149 on 3/29/2012


well, i went over the 2400 questions 3 times, i solved 60% of kaplan once by the last month, i watched the videos once and the internal medicine twice, u may think it is too much!!!i do it that way: i read the branch eg.heamatology, i listen to the videos while reading, and then solve its questions,,,and i did that twice.


Thank you.
My last question: it seams that you went through the Kaplan's question by subject?
Reading, listening and answering questions of hematology....and so one...


3/31/2012 2:55:33 PM
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
mato53461149 wrote:
mohamedegypt99 wrote:
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello mohmmedeypt99; congratulation to you getting good score.would you tell how many questions in psychiatry/ biostatics/pediatrics in real exam. did you try NBME2/4. before the exam . reply me soon again congrats to you. good luck. SHME


i have not tried nmbe exams, biostastics was ranging frpm 2-4 in each block, psychiatry also the same, pediatrics ! i cant tell exactly but they were not little.............my best performance was in pediatrics and worst was in psychiatry.


no, i went in uw by subject during my studying,,,kaplan i amde it like exam blocks during the last month.


Congratulations!
Did you prepare for the test using Kaplan or UWorld QUESTIONS?
You said that you spent 7 months..how many hours a day?
I have just passed Step 1 and want to do CK2 in August...Do you think is it possible?
Thank you.


i studied for 7 months , average studying hours is 5 to 6 hours, taking in consideration i am working , u can make it in august but if u r doing nothing else in ur life like work, i solved around 60% of kaplan questions, plus UWorld



I read you message again. I am not sure If I understood. Did you take both Kaplan and UWorld, at the same time? went over the 2400 questions 3 times, during the 7 months? During the same time you watched videos and took notes... During the last 13 days, you just went over your notes. Right?
Thank you. I am just trying to find the best way to study and take the exam in August.
I do work too. Some days I study 20 hours, others 4hs....
edited by mato53461149 on 3/29/2012


well, i went over the 2400 questions 3 times, i solved 60% of kaplan once by the last month, i watched the videos once and the internal medicine twice, u may think it is too much!!!i do it that way: i read the branch eg.heamatology, i listen to the videos while reading, and then solve its questions,,,and i did that twice.


Thank you.
My last question: it seams that you went through the Kaplan's question by subject?
Reading, listening and answering questions of hematology....and so one...


i went through UW during studing by subject....concerning kaplan, i made like exam blocks during the last month.
edited by mohamedegypt99 on 3/31/2012


4/2/2012 9:00:24 PM
hello; mohmedegypt99; would you tell me it is necessary to do UW QBANK and KAPLAN Q BANK. I DID JUST UW and got 65%. did read biostatics / psychiatry from kaplan notes or from blue print psychiatry. please reply me soon. again thanks alot. SHME


pages: 1 2

 | 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept