how to interpret score

4/11/2012 11:22:54 AM
Hi friends,

i took my step 2 CK on March 20, 2012. got my score just now. its 263. but the 2 digit score is only 87. i am confused whether this score is good or bad...

can anyone suggest something?

4/11/2012 1:52:28 PM
Hi Ruchita,u got really good score .Can u share yr experiance.How long did u study???...what material did u use??How did u take breaks in actual exam??

4/13/2012 1:59:21 AM
Peace wrote:
Hi Ruchita,u got really good score .Can u share yr experiance.How long did u study???...what material did u use??How did u take breaks in actual exam??

hi peace
i would like to share my experience. i am actually a gynecologist working full time. so it took me a long time to prepare. approximately 8 months. i read kaplan notes once, but due to work schedule, i didnt study seriously. i subscribed uworld in jan 2012 for 2 months. i studied full time only for 20 days, due to job pressures.

but let me tell u, uworld is the most helpful thing for preparation. i didnt have the time or energy to do anything else. i revised uworld 2-3 times, made thorough notes and also revised the notes 2 times.

my study schedule may not have been ideal, because i didnt get much time. but i am really happy with my score.

about the actual exam day, it is physically very tiring indeed. i took a break after every block, because i find it very difficult to concentrate continuously. i managed to finish my exam with 35 minutes of break time to spare. frankly, even i dont know how i did it.
also, the actual exam questions are slightly more confusing than uworld. there are a few questions that are really really long. so by the time u reach the end of the question, u get all confused. there were at least 5 questions per block which i felt were a bit tough and unheard of. but i think thats fair enough.

i hope this information is helpful. just have faith and work hard.

all the best
edited by Ruchita on 4/13/2012

4/13/2012 11:33:22 AM
Congrats Ruchita, great score. I just have one question for you. How long did you wait after taking UW assessment test before you took your exam and were you only just reviewing your UW notes during this time period?
edited by PaIy71679590 on 4/13/2012

4/17/2012 11:16:40 PM
Thanks for yr input Ruchita.

4/20/2012 1:10:29 PM
PaIy71679590 wrote:
Congrats Ruchita, great score. I just have one question for you. How long did you wait after taking UW assessment test before you took your exam and were you only just reviewing your UW notes during this time period?
edited by PaIy71679590 on 4/13/2012

hi
i took my final exam 6 days after self assessment test. but thats because i am very lazy. i think you should take the SA test at least 10-12 days prior to the actual exam. i read only Uworld notes for the last week before the exam.

4/20/2012 2:42:37 PM
Ruchita wrote:
Hi friends,

i took my step 2 CK on March 20, 2012. got my score just now. its 263. but the 2 digit score is only 87. i am confused whether this score is good or bad...

can anyone suggest something?

hi ruchita..congrats on ur awesome score...
the two digit score was also used initially to interpret the score...but according to the usmle website..this score is just for ur information...its not the percentile...and will not be acknowledged for exams taken after october2011.....

and i have my exam in 10 days...can u plz suggest me what to do...i m just getting 70% marks in uworld..!!

can u also plz share some of the questions which u remember frm the actual the exam...??

ur advice will be seriously appreciated...
thanks a lot

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK